Notes

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
HMS Illustrious is parked outside my window again, lots of helicopter comings and goings.

And last night they had a twenty minute firework display which I watched from me balcony, that was good.

This morning I done some portable appliance testing in some offices near the Temple, on the embankment. There is some irony here as it's the headquarters of British American Tobacco, who make cigarettes. I was just wondering what their reaction would be if anybody there asked what the scar on my throat was for ;)

Gearing up to try Win 7 RC over the weekend, might be interesting.

Yesterday fixed me Mum's guttering.

On Wednesday some idiot drove into me on the Sun In The Sands roundabout at Blackheath and rearranged my nearside wing/door/sill. The fella was, how shall we say? Advanced in years and a total nutter. Have called Insurance company and this afternoon going to get a repair quote from Al. At this stage it's all looking straightforward and my car is driveable and legal, just looks a little scruffy.

The weather today started rainy but is now bright sunshine and windy.

I have learnt, at my age, that it is not wise to eat after 11pm in the evening. If I do my stomach feels as though two heavyweight boxers are fighting several rounds inside of it in the morning.

The bowl of chilli noodles I ate at midnight last night whilst watching Pans People videos on Youtube confirmed this for me earlier today.

I may visit my local watering hole this evening.

And that's it folks, the exciting goings-on in flopzworld :)

What's happening with you then?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
And last night they had a twenty minute firework display which I watched from me balcony, that was good.

I wondered what all that noise was..I thought it was just kids in the area setting off fireworks again....I could hear it all the way from Bow..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Going out for some beers tonight and then not sure what the plan is yet for the weekend. Bex is revising for her exams next week, so whatever I do will most likely be outside to give her some peace and quiet!

Met my dad in North Wales on Wed for the day, as he's down there with his brothers/sisters in a holiday cottage. Went for a nice long walk in the day and then drove back to Manchester at night - it makes quite a nice change from working :D

Pain about your car Flops :( How'd it happen, a bump as you were going round? There's a roundabout right outside our house that we need to use everytime we use the car - and after 3 years of using it I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't know how they work. It's one of the ones with spiralling lanes, and people just dart from one side to the other without realising that there are 3 lanes of cars going round :wall:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Your lucky to have a car to drive Flops
nod.gif

Me I'm sheltering from the rain, been raining here for nearly 5 days almost non stop even if some of it is very light, wind is a bit blustery aswell. So I'm bored and reading stuff on the pc, ooops that should be reasearching on the pc. Just waiting for better weather so IO can go riding me newly MOT'd motorcycle. Dead chuffed as it had been stood for 8 months, one new fork seal and a wash and it was ready to go. Mind you the kind MOT man let me of as me front disc was a tad thinner than it should have been but he let me through once he found out I was a Tyke, nice man.
Going to watch The Best Drives in the uk on BBC2 later on. Might go visit me mum in York this weekend or take a trip to Manchester.

nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bugger, looks like my car is a write-off :(

The accident happened as I was driving round the roundabout and as I was lining up for my exit this soppy old git pulled out in front of me, looked and saw me bearing down on him and then just stopped dead.

I screeched to a halt and stopped inches from him but a girl driving her works combo van crashed into me.

This could present problems as I have a very important disco date on the 30th of this month - my niece's wedding.

I do have full com and protected no-claims and I would expect the insurance company to find fault with the van driver.

But in my opinion the real fault was this idiot who stopped dead. He drove off but then walked back and said stuff like 'It's both of yours faults, I know cos I've said so and I'm always right' and then he started pawing the young girl driver and I shouted at him 'Get your hands off of her' and squared up to him. He backed off.

Like I said - a nutter :D

And when he went back to his car I followed him and got his registration number and car details.

We shall see what occurs next...

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car FBS.
Will the insurance company not repair it or provide a like-for-like replacement?

Having a quiet weekend chilling out.
Off the beer at the moment, pity as i have some decent bottles of bees gathering dust.:(
Hope people have a good one.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Sorry to hear about your car FBS.
Will the insurance company not repair it or provide a like-for-like replacement?

floppybootstomp said:
Bugger, looks like my car is a write-off :(

Apparently the repairs total more than £3K. The car isn't worth that much. A shame, because it suited me perfectly and was very good indeed, ten years old with 75K on the clock.

Reaction score
I'm sure that you could fix the car yself man....take the money and keep the car if ya can.I got hit int rear last year, took the money and car and got me panelbeater mate to sort it out and kept 1400 profit for the "Look after me self" fund. Did you tell your solicitor that your neck's in bits now and is getting worse by the hour. Buy a new suit for court. Just out of curiosity what kinda car is it?? I also should mention that at the mo in dublin Nissan are offering 4 grand(euro) for your car...any condition,age etc.
Now see here young man http://www.windsor.ie/?gclid=CLC44qDIrZoCFcISzAodAFvscA
They may well be doing the same in UK.
Are you DJ'ing at the nieces Par tay?? .Your car will probably still be useful even with damage. Best of luck with it anyhoo.
Zzzzz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
whilst watching Pans People videos

LOL:lol: Now you're showing your age. :lol:

They were good though, weren't they. :thumb: Not the dancing of course. ;) :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just finished Timeshift :)

Well worth a run-through if you like fps's.

Going for as little as three quid used at Play.com as well.

Reaction score
I must check it out cos of the high praises you have given....i downloaded a free full FEAR game and i cant play cos there's a newer version. I searched the net for a patch update and the update tells me i havent got the game installed....any ideas or suggestions, anybody???
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The FEAR game you downloaded is probably just the multiplayer version, I remember Sierra offering that for free some time ago.

The online facility was also included in the expansion pack to the original FEAR 'Extraction Point'.

If it is the 1st FEAR full game, if you're using Vista it may not work.

This is an odd one but the original FEAR and Extraction Point will work in Vista but if you buy the newer DVD version of the game - the Platinum edition with both combined - it won't work in Vista.

Quite odd.

If you're running XP however all versions of FEAR should work ok within it.

Did your download supply an md5sum check number? Cos it may just be a corrupted download.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure what a Md5sum check is. And yes its the multiplayer version
Also everything looks fine until i try to join a server. Everybody else playing has version 1.08 and i cannot connect and it tells me i need to try another TCP or ITP or whatever(not sure).
I also thought if i downloaded the 1.08 patch that the 2 would miraculously merge together and i'd be sorted.
It took an awful lotta space too.
Tomorrow i'm going shopping for fear for my xbox and timeshift (i checked it ont net and actually reccy the cover.....looks good to me). I'm gonna get COD5
too.
Thanks for your help though man.
Zzzzz

Last edited: