Fix for Outlook 2000 SP3 required

Duncan

Hi,

I've read the KB article 810646 because I have a user that
has experienced this problem.

I was wondering if you can help me locate the fix to which
the article refers. I have contacted Compaq (our systems
suppliers) who have said that I should contact Microsoft
(despite the fact it says on the site that if you have an
OEM installation to contact the supplier).

Rather than wasting my time going round in circles I was
hoping that someone in Technet could help with this.

Thanks,

Duncan

Eric Shen [MSFT]

Hi Duncan,

As the KB article indicates, in order to obtain a hotfix, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services so that a dedicated Support Professional
can assist with your request. The support link is:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS. You can
submit an online request and a support professional will email you with the
steps to obtain the hotfix.

- Please be advised that contacting Microsoft Product Support Services team
may be charged. However, if you are simply requesting a hotfix be sent to
you and no other support then charges are usually refunded or waived.

I understand that you may have noticed that the OEM products are required
to contact the manufacturer. However, you can still choose the option to
contact Microsoft support professional to obtain this hotfix.

I hope this addresses your concerns. If you encounter any difficulties or
you have further questions, please feel free to let me know. I look forward
to hearing from you.

Regards,

Eric Shen
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

| From: "Duncan" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Duncan" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Fix for Outlook 2000 SP3 required
| Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:11:16 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi,
|
| I've read the KB article 810646 because I have a user that
| has experienced this problem.
|
| I was wondering if you can help me locate the fix to which
| the article refers. I have contacted Compaq (our systems
| suppliers) who have said that I should contact Microsoft
| (despite the fact it says on the site that if you have an
| OEM installation to contact the supplier).
|
| Rather than wasting my time going round in circles I was
| hoping that someone in Technet could help with this.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Duncan

Duncan

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I can find no way
of getting through to a support professional when I use
the product ID with an OEM number - the site is just
sending me to a list of OEM suppliers that I should
contact.

Is it possible that you can organize for one of these
support professionals to contact me directly using the
details I supplied for this posting?

I have to say, I find it infuriating that it's so
difficult to navigate to the right kind of support - every
avenue I have explored for getting this type of support
ends up with the site telling me to contact the supplier
of the OEM licensed product (Compaq) who then tell me to
contact you... Is it not possible to have page where I
could simply contact a support professional directly at
let their discretion decide if I need to go back to Compaq?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Duncan

Eric Shen [MSFT]

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for letting me know this information.

To contact Microsoft, you can select "It was purchased separately" so you
will be redirected to the Microsoft support page. For your convenience, I
listed the page below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;prodoffer70

Also, you can visit the Microsoft Online support page directly at
https://webresponse.one.microsoft.com/.

Actually, it is not proper for me to help you contact the Product Support
service team for you to call back. It is also time-consuming and not
efficient. Your understanding on this is greatly apprieciated. Therefore, I
recommend you contact them directly over the support interface. You will
receive the hotfix and the update email soon.

If you continue to experience problem in submitting the request, please let
me know. I will try my best to help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Eric Shen
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

| From: "Duncan" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Duncan" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Fix for Outlook 2000 SP3 required
| Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:40:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Eric,
|
| Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I can find no way
| of getting through to a support professional when I use
| the product ID with an OEM number - the site is just
| sending me to a list of OEM suppliers that I should
| contact.
|
| Is it possible that you can organize for one of these
| support professionals to contact me directly using the
| details I supplied for this posting?
|
| I have to say, I find it infuriating that it's so
| difficult to navigate to the right kind of support - every
| avenue I have explored for getting this type of support
| ends up with the site telling me to contact the supplier
| of the OEM licensed product (Compaq) who then tell me to
| contact you... Is it not possible to have page where I
| could simply contact a support professional directly at
| let their discretion decide if I need to go back to Compaq?
|
| I look forward to your response.
|
| Regards,
|
| Duncan

| >|
| >| Hi,
| >|
| >| I've read the KB article 810646 because I have a user
| that
| >| has experienced this problem.
| >|
| >| I was wondering if you can help me locate the fix to
| which
| >| the article refers. I have contacted Compaq (our
| systems
| >| suppliers) who have said that I should contact
| Microsoft
| >| (despite the fact it says on the site that if you have
| an
| >| OEM installation to contact the supplier).
| >|
| >| Rather than wasting my time going round in circles I
| was
| >| hoping that someone in Technet could help with this.
| >|
| >| Thanks,
| >|
| >| Duncan