(FireWire) 6-Pin to 4-Pin Cable

New Orleans Novice

Or you order a new Camcorder to create Video movies for home.

They do not come with the DV cable.

There are too many models on the net to choose the correct cable.

4' Retractable IEEE 1394 (FireWire) 6-Pin to 4-Pin Cable.

The same problem with the rechargable battery.

Malke

New said:
Or you order a new Camcorder to create Video movies for home.

They do not come with the DV cable.

There are too many models on the net to choose the correct cable.

4' Retractable IEEE 1394 (FireWire) 6-Pin to 4-Pin Cable.

The same problem with the rechargable battery.

Is there a question in here? Please see this link for how to create a
newsgroup post which will get you focused answers:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Malke

Stealing

New Orleans Novice said:
Or you order a new Camcorder to create Video movies for home.

They do not come with the DV cable.

There are too many models on the net to choose the correct cable.

4' Retractable IEEE 1394 (FireWire) 6-Pin to 4-Pin Cable.

The same problem with the rechargable battery.

Firewire cable
Your DV cam will have four pin, your PC may have 4 pin, but will probably be
six pin.

A four pin - to six pin will function just fine.
The two additional pins are power supply.
So if you connected an external HD it would
draw it's power supply via the six pin connection.
A Dv cam would be too demanding a drain on your PC
So ensure the DV cam has fully powered battery or is
connected to it's charger.
Just purchase a connector that matches your configuration,
which is assumed to be a 4 pin to 6 pin.
Batteries are a diff proposition, some manufacturers now
produce proprietary hardware configurations (so you are
restricted to their hardware only).
Your post is too obliquely bizarre to accurately answer,
I now remember why I abandoned this group....

New Orleans Novice

Thank for the tech info. I found a batt, charger and DV 1394 cable 4 pin X 6
pin, on eBay and Amazon for the Panasonic PV-GS39 Camcorder.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

If it's a notebook, it's usually 4 pin, if it's a desktop, it's usually 6
pin. That's absolutely normal, printers do not come with cables either.

As for a battery charger, I don't know of any camcorder that does NOT come
with a battery charger.

New Orleans Novice

Sorry I meant an auto charger to connect in an auto. You are right it did
come with a house 110v charger.

Thanks for the tech specs, I will order the 4 pin X 6 pin.

Enjoy your Christmas Gumbo

Jonny

New Orleans Novice said:
Thank for the tech info. I found a batt, charger and DV 1394 cable 4 pin X
6 pin, on eBay and Amazon for the Panasonic PV-GS39 Camcorder.

Some camcorders may have oversized batteries available from other mfrs with
tremendously more use time. Not related to XP, or PC hardware, perhaps
video.

Stealing

Jonny said:
Some camcorders may have oversized batteries available from other mfrs
with

"oversized batteries"? No such accessory exists, but please explain, if one
did
exist, how would we fit it into the battery compartment?
There are pro/semi-pro battery packs, but these too are for specific models
and they don't fit into the cam, but connect externally - carried in
shoulder
holster etc.
tremendously more use time. Not related to XP, or PC hardware, perhaps
video.
What?

"Customers" rarely upgrade DV camera's, so it's accessories that OEM's
rely on for continued after sales, batteries fade and die. This is one line
of income for OEM's.
Just one example (but many more) Philips DV cams now have propriatary
"interface" where one connection is at end of battery, the other on side.
Apparently these are made on same assembly as Samsung and Canon
batteries, but they too now have "non-standard" fitments. None are
interchangeable between OEM's/models. This is very common practice.
If you know different, please supply details.

New Orleans Novice

Thanks for that batt tip. I tested a SANYO for a Christmas parade but the
BATT ran down to quick so I will buy the most expensive quality battery from
CompUSA or Bestbuy.

This Christmas parade video ran short.

New Orleans Novice

Maybe the word oversized was meant for more volts or long lasting or a
larger charge or it may mean a higher mAh number which range around 1000
mAh to 2500 mAh

Jim Macklin

I buy my cables from www.cyberguys.com Their prices are very
low and the cables have always performed well. They carry
just about every kind of cable, whether USB or Firewire, or
CAT5/6.

wrote in message
| | > Yes there is a new question. The new camcorders did not
come with a
| > autocharger for the battery nor a fire wire cable to
transfer the mini DV
| > tape.
| >
| > Presario SR1500NX Fire Wire
| >
| > Is there a method to know if your Compaq PC has a 4 or 6
pin fire wire
| > connection?
| >
| > Compaq Presario SR1500NX Desktop PC - Product
Specifications

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00387080

| > Thank you from New Orleans.

Jonny

Stealing said:
"oversized batteries"? No such accessory exists, but please explain, if
one

You're already in denial. What good is an explanation?
did
exist, how would we fit it into the battery compartment?
There are pro/semi-pro battery packs, but these too are for specific
models
and they don't fit into the cam, but connect externally - carried in
shoulder
holster etc.

You've already rationalized otherwise to yourself, why should I say
anything? I don't want to upset your view of the world.

Refer to the newsgroups my previous reply is going to...