Firefox profile

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I just installed Win 7 on me Vista machine..

I saved a Firefox profile to my external HDD but ain't got a clue how to get that profile back into firefox, can anyone help with a simple walkthrough as Firefox is quite new to me and I haven't been using it long..

the profile has all my bookmarks and toolbar info including password stuff too, so would be good if I could get it all back..

By the way this Windows 7 is a bit spiffing isn't it...Super speedy and I have given MSE a go on here to give it a thorough run through, we'll see how it goes but all accounts at the moment seems like its pretty light on resources and doesn't intefere much which is all good, but time will tell if its any good or not!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ah good stuff...Followed that guide to the letter and most if not all seems to be back in its place all except my toolbar which I designed myself from Conduit..
Any help appreciated in reinstalling my personal toolbar or the name of the file where my toolbar info is that I need to copy over!

Cheers Taffs!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Glad you got your profile back :thumb:

Um... I've been searching around, and there is a .pdf file which (I think) might contain some of the info you are seeking. HERE from Conduit.com. If I'm not on the right tack, my apologies.... I shall creep back to me leek patch!! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You should just copy the 'mozilla' folder over. that contains all profile info.

Reinstall FF on new build and then replace the new mozilla folder with your backup. then it is done.

TC gave the location above, tis a hidden folder BTW. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
For next time.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109/

"FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers (it can even backup/restore your entire profile). You can selectively restore only the items you need. For instance, you may just want your bookmarks restored and leave everything else as it was.

Features:

* One click backup from the Toolbar.
* Schedule automatic backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Can also be configured to backup on Firefox startup and/or shutdown.
* Save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created. Specify how many folders you wish to keep and FEBE removes the oldest.
* Backup reminder. FEBE can alert you if a backup has not been completed in a specified number of days.
* Comprehensive results report with links to the author’s extension/theme homepages.
* User-defined backups. Make backups of virtually any file or folder - Firefox related or not. Just specify what to backup and FEBE does the rest.
* Extensive built-in help files. Just click the little blue information icons in FEBE options.
* FEBE 6.0 uses native Firefox zip/unzip components. Much, much faster than previous FEBE versions that depended on external, third-party utilities.
* Upload backups to your Box.net account automatically or with a single click.
* Verify your extension directory. Upgrading Firefox versions sometimes leaves garbage in the extensions directory. FEBE can clean it up.
* Quick Backup. You can quickly backup as many or as few individual extensions/themes as you like. They can be saved together in a single, installable xpi file (Similar to CLEO).
* FEBE 6.2 has a new, simpler profile restore interface. No need to use the Firefox Profile Manager to manually create a profile to restore into.

* … and more!"

nod.gif

Ask a Question