Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and let you do what you do best: surf a ton of pages, open a zillion tabs, all guilt free because Firefox Quantum uses less memory than the competition. Your computer will thank you.

It’s by far the biggest update we’ve had since we launched Firefox 1.0 in 2004, it’s just flat out better in every way. If you go and install it right now, you’ll immediately notice the difference, accompanied by a feeling of mild euphoria. If you’re curious about what we did, read on.

Read more at Mozilla's blog: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/11/14/introducing-firefox-quantum/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use Firefox in Linux, just seems to work better than anything else in that OS but still stubbornly using IE in Win 10.

I shall try Quantum in the esteemed organ known as Mint.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the placebo effect, but FF Quantum does appear to be a bit than Chrome for me... I didn't think that would be the case for light loading sites, I thought it would only have a noticeable difference for bloated webpages. I'd be interesting to see "real world" browser benchmarks once it's been out for a couple of weeks.

I remember @Quadophile saying how fast this was in beta a couple of months ago :thumb:.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I tied the Beta when Quad posted about it but it kept freezing. Started using Opera after that.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been using it a day now and its definitely quicker than my old Firefox ver.56

Ask a Question