File Sharing Problems

J

Jim Berglund

I was out of town and unable to get to any responses to the following. Can I get to the older archive files on this newsgroup or could someone please respond again?
**********************************************************************************************************

I recently installed a Netgear wireless router to connect my desktop (wired) and IBM Thinkpad laptop (wireless) computers. Both use WinXP Pro SP2.

Now I cannot share files. There was a brief period when I could see and share files in my shared folder, but now I can't even do this (although I can see the computers in Network Neighborhood). When I try to see the shared directories I get the following message:

The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started"

Any suggestions?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702&Product=windowsxpsp2

Please visit the experts in the Wireless Networking newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:

I was out of town and unable to get to any responses to the following. Can I get to the older archive files on this newsgroup or
could someone please respond again?
**********************************************************************************************************

I recently installed a Netgear wireless router to connect my desktop (wired) and IBM Thinkpad laptop (wireless) computers. Both use
WinXP Pro SP2.

Now I cannot share files. There was a brief period when I could see and share files in my shared folder, but now I can't even do
this (although I can see the computers in Network Neighborhood). When I try to see the shared directories I get the following

The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started"

Any suggestions?

Ask a Question