File Protection errors

Hi

Windows Server 2000. The Systmen Event Viewer is loaded
with Windows File Protection errors with different DLL
files, such as this for example:

The protected system file c:\winnt\system32\winrnr.dll
could not be restored to its original, valid version. The
specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was
present in the subject.]

We have re-installed the latest SP to no avail.

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for your posting here.

The problem can occur if the master system catalog database is corrupted. I
would like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services
for the catfix tool to resolve this issue via telephone.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.

Thank you for using our Newsgroup.

Regards,
Bob Qin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: <[email protected]>
Subject: File Protection errors
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:17:22 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Hi

Windows Server 2000. The Systmen Event Viewer is loaded
with Windows File Protection errors with different DLL
files, such as this for example:

The protected system file c:\winnt\system32\winrnr.dll
could not be restored to its original, valid version. The
specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was
present in the subject.]

We have re-installed the latest SP to no avail.

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Bob

I did contact my local Microsoft Technical Support here
in Britain and told them what you advised me. The reply
is that:

First, they did not know what "catfix" means.

Second, they said that in order to supply a hotfix, they
would need a KB number or the number of the hotfix.

They told me to come back to you and put these questions
to you.

Thank for the reply.

Best