Event ID: 32090
Date: 3/26/2008
Time: 10:09:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HP119NASHUA
The Fax service print monitor has failed to submit the fax.

The following error occurred: 4.
This error code indicates the cause of the error.

Sender Machine Name: \\HP119NASHUA.
Sender User Name: fleischer.
Sender Name: <sender>
Subject: .
Recipient name: <name>
Recipient number: <number>
Number of Recipients: 15.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

(The Help and Support Center offers no help, by the way.)

The net effect seems to be that I can submit a fax to one or two recipient
destinations at a time, but the rest if there are more do not show up in the
fax queue.

I have removed and re-installed the XP fax service; I have deleted and
re-created the fax printer and queue; I have re-installed the modem.
Everything was working fine on this system with no changes and then this
happened.

My guess is that something like registry corruption keeps the Send Fax
Wizard from completing properly (there is a brief flash at the end of a
small message box window -- it appears to be empty). It no longer remembers
settings (such as cover page) from invocation to invocation.

Thanks,
Bob

James Silverton

Bob wrote on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:49:11 -0400:

BF> The Send Fax Wizard, when used from an application (e.g.,
BF> Word) to print to the fax queue, is failing consistently on
BF> my computer. Sometime I get the following application
BF> event error entry (but most of the time none):
??>>
??>> Event Type: Error
??>> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
??>> Event Category: Outbound
??>> Event ID: 32090
??>> Date: 3/26/2008
??>> Time: 10:09:15 AM
??>> User: N/A
??>> Computer: HP119NASHUA
??>> The Fax service print monitor has failed to submit the
??>> fax.
??>>
??>> The following error occurred: 4.
??>> This error code indicates the cause of the error.
??>>
??>> Sender Machine Name: \\HP119NASHUA.
??>> Sender User Name: fleischer.
??>> Sender Name: <sender>
??>> Subject: .
??>> Recipient name: <name>
??>> Recipient number: <number>
??>> Number of Recipients: 15.
??>>
??>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at

BF> (The Help and Support Center offers no help, by the way.)

BF> The net effect seems to be that I can submit a fax to one
BF> or two recipient destinations at a time, but the rest if
BF> there are more do not show up in the fax queue.

BF> I have removed and re-installed the XP fax service; I have
BF> deleted and re-created the fax printer and queue; I have
BF> re-installed the modem. Everything was working fine on this
BF> system with no changes and then this happened.

BF> My guess is that something like registry corruption keeps
BF> the Send Fax Wizard from completing properly (there is a
BF> brief flash at the end of a small message box window -- it
BF> appears to be empty). It no longer remembers settings
BF> (such as cover page) from invocation to invocation.

Have you looked at the chosen priority? I have had problems with
busy receivers. My preferred option is "try again" whatever
that's called.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Bob Fleischer

James said:
Bob wrote on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:49:11 -0400:

BF> The Send Fax Wizard, when used from an application (e.g.,
BF> Word) to print to the fax queue, is failing consistently on
BF> my computer. Sometime I get the following application
BF> event error entry (but most of the time none):
??>>
??>> Event Type: Error
??>> Event Source: Microsoft Fax
??>> Event Category: Outbound
??>> Event ID: 32090
??>> Date: 3/26/2008
??>> Time: 10:09:15 AM
??>> User: N/A
??>> Computer: HP119NASHUA
??>> The Fax service print monitor has failed to submit the
??>> fax.
??>>
??>> The following error occurred: 4.
??>> This error code indicates the cause of the error.
??>>
??>> Sender Machine Name: \\HP119NASHUA.
??>> Sender User Name: fleischer.
??>> Sender Name: <sender>
??>> Subject: .
??>> Recipient name: <name>
??>> Recipient number: <number>
??>> Number of Recipients: 15.
??>>
??>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at

BF> (The Help and Support Center offers no help, by the way.)

BF> The net effect seems to be that I can submit a fax to one
BF> or two recipient destinations at a time, but the rest if
BF> there are more do not show up in the fax queue.

BF> I have removed and re-installed the XP fax service; I have
BF> deleted and re-created the fax printer and queue; I have
BF> re-installed the modem. Everything was working fine on this
BF> system with no changes and then this happened.

BF> My guess is that something like registry corruption keeps
BF> the Send Fax Wizard from completing properly (there is a
BF> brief flash at the end of a small message box window -- it
BF> appears to be empty). It no longer remembers settings
BF> (such as cover page) from invocation to invocation.

Have you looked at the chosen priority? I have had problems with busy
receivers. My preferred option is "try again" whatever that's called.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

The problem is that the additional recipients are not queued in the fax
queue -- they just disappear -- not that once they are queued, they are not
successfully sent. Those that are queued in "Outbox" do get sent. Or did I
misunderstand your comment?

From searching the web, I get the impression that the problem I found is
fairly common, but I never find a solution.

Since I have a retail version of Windows XP, I get two free wishes, er,
service calls. How good is Microsoft technical support?

Bob

James Silverton

Bob wrote on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:49:40 -0400:

BF> James Silverton wrote:
??>> Bob wrote on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:49:11 -0400:
??>>
BF>>> The Send Fax Wizard, when used from an application (e.g.,
BF>>> Word) to print to the fax queue, is failing consistently
BF>>> on my computer. Sometime I get the following application
BF>>> event error entry (but most of the time none):
??>>
??>> Have you looked at the chosen priority? I have had
??>> problems with busy receivers. My preferred option is "try
??>> again" whatever that's called.
??>>
??>> James Silverton
??>> Potomac, Maryland
??>>
??>> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

BF> The problem is that the additional recipients are not
BF> queued in the fax queue -- they just disappear -- not that
BF> once they are queued, they are not successfully sent.
BF> Those that are queued in "Outbox" do get sent. Or did I
BF> misunderstand your comment?

BF> From searching the web, I get the impression that the
BF> problem I found is fairly common, but I never find a
BF> solution.

BF> Since I have a retail version of Windows XP, I get two free
BF> wishes, er, service calls. How good is Microsoft technical
BF> support?

I guess I have never (believe it or not) sent a fax to more than
one address at a time. I don't know what happens when one
receiver is busy and the "keep trying" setting is used.