Far Cry Patch/Update

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Theres a new Far Cry patch out, It increases image quality, fixs some bugs ere and there and will increase performance.

You can read about it yourself here , or you can just download the 74mb file here

I've got it and i do think theres some things that look abit better, your gun looks alot smoother and so do most object/vehicles. ANd i have also noticed a performance increase, especially when your in a heated battle ;).

If you've got Far Cry you should definatly get it, its free for christs sake!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks reef, I'll grab that.

Haven't played Far Cry for a while, got about half way through, got stuck, and like a wuss, gave up :(

I've just done a fresh install, so will have to reload it, but I saved my savegames. Does the newly patched game still recognise saved games? And do you have to load the previous patch first? (sorry, haven't looked at the link yet).

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Its the only Far Cry patch ive installed, 1.1 and 1.2 seemed to have slipped pass me :/.

And yes your save games will work with it ;).

I've completed it twice so far, and i still find that its the best FPS out there at this moment in time. Im about half way through again on hard this time, and it is friggen hard!

Kye

Reaction score
i installed the 1.3 patch after i brought my 6800 vanilla.

and since i havnt played farcry for ages, i cant compaire it too when i last played it on my FX5600.

but still, i have everything on high...and the fps is on average 40 :D

Ask a Question