Far Cry 3 Video Card Performance

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hard OCP have taken a look at how the GeForce GTX 680 and Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition graphics cards fare when playing Far Cry 3:

"The much anticipated sequel to 2008's Far Cry 2 is finally here, Far Cry 3 from developer and publisher Ubisoft was released in the afternoon on December 4th, 2012 to the US market. It was released with much anticipation and fan excitement, where yours truly was among those that had their finger on the button the minute it unlocked in STEAM to gather the information for today's preview of performance.

Today's article is just a preview of what you will experience in this game. We are going to look at the Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition as well as CrossFire, and the GeForce GTX 680 as well as SLI, to see how these cards perform in this game. We will compare GPU scaling, some MSAA scaling, and talk about graphics settings. This is not our full evaluation, that will come later once we get a chance to play the game through. In the full evaluation we will cover more video cards, down to the mainstream level. We will also look at image quality in depth in the full evaluation.

In this preview today, we have created a manual run-through from the entire beginning intro/tutorial of the game. Our run-through starts out with the player captured by the "crazy guy," all the way until we fall off the bridge into the water. It is lengthy, and seems to be a good test of performance so far. As we play the game through, our run-through may change in the full evaluation as we find other locations. For now, this will give you an idea what to set your graphics settings at starting off in the game."

You can read more here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Unlike Far Cry 2 (El Crappo) I do rather fancy Far Cry 3. Though if it's better than Far Cry 1 I will be surprised.

Enough though, Borderlands 2 roolz! :D Chapter 7, 11 hours gameplay - help! Worse than Skyrim for addictiveness :D

And as for vid cards, my 560 will just have to do, too many other toys to consider atm ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm waiting (hoping) FC3 comes to Steam... does the PC version use that Uplay thing Mr Flops?

Ask a Question