Fan Controllers

Reaction score
Hello,

On fan controllers, how do they work?

The way i would like them to work is this (do they work like this?) at the rear of the controller it has 3-4 molex connectors, you connect the fans in of course via the molex and then this will start the fans.

The controller 'knobs' then control the fan speed.

Therfore i gain extra molex connectors?

If not, how's it done?

Thanks

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you plug a molex connector from your PSU into the back of the controller, then on the back you either have 4pin molex connectors or 3pin fan connectors to plug your fans into, then when you turn the knob it varies the speed

you gain connctors but only for use with fans

Reaction score
Ok, so i can use 1 Molex into the controller and gain 3-4 molex' for fans (only)?

Also, while on molex' everything seems to use them, how can one get more? My Power supply has 4, but of course some have those 'adapt' thing where you use the same one for something and plug another one into it for something else.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you PSU has run out then i'd think of getting a new one, unless you PSU is a big brand name and has sufficinet current (should be atleast 10A it will say on the side of your PSU) to supply more than one thing on a single plug

Reaction score
LOL, this might be an old post but I found the confusion funny. When written 3-4 molex connectors thaey actually should have written 3pin/4pin molex connecter. Not to be confused with 3 to 4 molex connectores. They are just stating that each cable will end with both a 3pin and 4 pin connection so that it will work with any type of fan. Hope that helped clear some things up.

Ask a Question