Excel Excel spreadsheets opening at top instead of bottom.

Reaction score
My new PC has windows 11 installed. The excel spreadsheets open at the top of the sheet instead of at the place where I finished working before closing. Does anyone know how to reverse this.

Reaction score
You could try this......

Thank you for your quick response. I don't want to flip the order of the data in the columns. When I finish working in a spreadsheet say at cell F82 I click on that cell and then close the spreadsheet, but when I next open the spreadsheet the cell that is highlighted is A1. How do I get it to open at the same cell where I previously closed it.

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. I don't want to flip the order of the data in the columns. When I finish working in a spreadsheet say at cell F82 I click on that cell and then close the spreadsheet, but when I next open the spreadsheet the cell that is highlighted is A1. How do I get it to open at the same cell where I previously closed it.
I have solved the problem of my excel worksheet opening at the top and not where I last closed it.
My PC is about 4 weeks old and has Windows11 installed. My previous PC was 10 years old and had Windows 10 installed. My old PC would not support Windows11 and word and excel documents were not working properly, so I used a Microsoft application called Cool Office.
When I check the excel file extension for the documents I was having trouble with I found it was .ods. I went online and found a document converter, then made a copy of one of my excel documents and dragged and dropped it into the converter after I had set it to convert .ods to .xsls and send it back to my PC desktop. I check the file extension of the converted document and sure enough it is .xsls. After several times opening and closing the document it opens at the same place where I last closed it.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Great news. Thanks for sharing your solution with us. I'm sure it will help others in the future. :thumb:

Ask a Question