Excel Excel Problem

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help, I am using Excel 2003 and anytime I open a worksheet and I click on any cell, the mouse will just be hovering and blocking every cell or any direction I move the mouse to and I wont be able to do anything or close excel. I have to go to task manager to end the program. Any suggestion on how this can be resolved as fast as possible?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums tunnes :)

Which OS are you using?

If you run Excel in Safe Mode, does that help:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Click Browse, and then locate the folder where Microsoft Excel is installed, as specified earlier in this article.
  3. After you locate the Excel.exe file, click the file to select it, and then click Open.
  4. At the end of the path in the Open box, type a space and then type /s so that the entire line appears similar to the following: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /s

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply but I dont have exact path you said, I only have OFFICE11 and OFFICE12 in my Microsoft Office folder, also it will not accept / as a file name.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try copying the location below directly in to the run box and see if that works please?

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Excel.exe" /safe

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, I did that and Excel opened in a safe mode but the problem still persist. I have also re-installed MS Office and this does not resolve it, its like something like scroll lock is on or something. Please let me know any othings I can try.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does this happen when you open existing documents, or just create new ones?

I'm all out of ideas on this one :(

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your help, Its happening to anything excel both old and new worksheets and makes the excel unusable at all. Hope this can be sorted out

Thanks

Reaction score
This Its Showing Me I know nuffin & deserve to get a ban for being an ID10T

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question