Excel Can't Open File From Outlook or Explorer

Chris

Seems my excel is having some issues opening files from internet explorer,
outlook, explorer etc...

If I open excel and goto file-open it's fine,

If I drag and drop from explorer it works most of the time,

If I double click the file from outlook or explorer it says it cannot locate
the file.

I assume that it's having some issues locating the temporary file location.

If anyone has had this problem or knows a solution a response would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris

THANK YOU MIKE FROM A PREVIOUS POST !!!

HIS SOLUTION:

Do NOT run any file corruption recovery utilities unless
you have tried this first!

From the menu, select Tools/Options, click the General
tab, uncheck Ignore Other Applications.

YEAH....

Why in the world would this get checked?

Anyone?

:) Chris

Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Way to go Chris and team! Not being able to double-click and Excel attachment and have it open was seriously slowing my workflow.

I searched across the internet and read many posts, but your's was dead on. I registered with this site just to day THANKS!

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This worked for me!!!

I have been after this for long... and.. now.. got it to work.. :) Thanks!!

Also, I am getting a pop-up that Personal.XLB is locked for editing everytime I open Excel.. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Chris said:
THANK YOU MIKE FROM A PREVIOUS POST !!!

HIS SOLUTION:

Do NOT run any file corruption recovery utilities unless
you have tried this first!

From the menu, select Tools/Options, click the General
tab, uncheck Ignore Other Applications.

YEAH....

Why in the world would this get checked?

Anyone?

:) Chris

news:[email protected]...