Evesham Voyager 8615 GTK

Reaction score
Hi there, just new to the forums, so forgive me if I've done anything wrong. I'm asking a question on behalf of my friend, who currently can't connect to the internet at the moment due to her problem.

She has a Evesham Voyager 8615 GTK Laptop, and she's had it for about 2 years now. It has Windows XP installed on it, and AVG. She connects to the internet by wireless. As I don't have her computer with me, I do not know her specifications, sorry!

Anyway, the problems she is having is just recently her laptop has been crashing alot more, especially when she turns it on. Her whole computer will just crash, and she will have to restart it. When she does finally get it up and running, she cannot move the laptop physically at all: if she does, just even tap the screen, the whole thing will crash, and she will have to restart the computer again.

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems to this, and if they know any ways to fix it, or have any advice. Anything would be helpful as to why the laptop is crashing! Thanks for reading, and for any advice you can give :)

I will try answer any questions I can about the computer, and will try get some specs if they are needed

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to the forum :wave:

It seems like something may have come loose, probably the memory but to be honest it could be alot of things, something simple to try.

There will be about 3 panels you can unscrew on the back, you want the one that looks like the one in the video, check that the stick or sticks don't move.

Reaction score
Yes definately a "loose" Something

It could even be that the board is flexing and causing a problem aswell

AS Waynos has suggested everything that is accessible by herself needs to be checked

Memory, Hdd connection, Keyboard connection. AS much as possible before you take it to a shop

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks

That's great, thanks for your help! I'll check everything to make sure something isn't loose :)

Ask a Question