Any advice would be appreciated

Gerry Cornell

Found this message in Google, which may help.

Eric Fitzgerald [MSFT] Jun 4 2003, 11:26 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
From: "Eric Fitzgerald [MSFT]" <[email protected]> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:23:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Event Viewer log file corrupt
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

How do you know that it is corrupt?

The procedure for deleting an event log file:

1. Start/Run services.msc. Set the startup type for the Event Log
service
to "disabled".
2. Reboot.

3. Start/Run %windir%\system32\config4. Rename sysevent.evt sysevent.bak
5. Start/Run services.msc. Set the startup type for the Event Log
service
to "automatic". Start the event log service.

Eric

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry