MVP Question

Dajan

Hi,
I have posted this 3 times now and not had a reply, is there something wrong
with the question below.

I have opened event viewer and when I highlight the system tab a window
comes up saying,

The event log file is corrupt.
then a red cross comes up on the icon and it says,

There are no items to show in this view.

The computer seems to running ok, I have XP Pro
with sevice pack 2.

Any advice would be appreciated

Ramesh [MVP]

Dajan,

Two of your previous posts have been well answered by the MVPs.

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=#[email protected]

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?q...r=&[email protected]

**Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader:**

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Hi,
I have posted this 3 times now and not had a reply, is there something wrong
with the question below.

I have opened event viewer and when I highlight the system tab a window
comes up saying,

The event log file is corrupt.
then a red cross comes up on the icon and it says,

There are no items to show in this view.

The computer seems to running ok, I have XP Pro
with sevice pack 2.

Any advice would be appreciated

Kelly

These links lead nowhere.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

[...]

Works great here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

These links lead nowhere.

--
[...]

Jim Byrd

They work fine for me, Kelly. They point to threads which explicitly answer
the OP's question.

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In

Kelly

Thanks for the reply, David, but not here.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
They work for me too. I also learnt that India uses the bloody british/NZ
way of domain naming (co.in and presumbably ac.in for edu). Yuk.\

The yanks seem stingy.

http://www.uscricket.com
Works great here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

These links lead nowhere.

--
[...]

Taurarian

Links worked for me.
Kaylene from Australia

Jim Byrd said:
They work fine for me, Kelly. They point to threads which explicitly answer
the OP's question.

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In

Vanguard

Kelly said:
These links lead nowhere.

--
[...]

You sure you are using the *complete* URL link and not getting screwed
up by line wrap? You'll have to copy and paste the first line into the
URL/address field, copy and paste the next line at the end of the
URL/address field, and repeat until you have copied and pasted ALL of
the URL link.

The links worked okay for me. Do you even see any posts at
http://groups.google.com/? Could be you have a routing problem so the
site is unreachable. Have you tried using a proxy to get to those
sites, like using http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/ (do NOT include the
"http://" prefix as it screws up their parser; it appears they try to
prepend "http://" to whatever you enter as the destination URL).

webmaster

Hi,
I have posted this 3 times now and not had a reply, is there something wrong
with the question below.

I have opened event viewer and when I highlight the system tab a window
comes up saying,

The event log file is corrupt.
then a red cross comes up on the icon and it says,

There are no items to show in this view.

The computer seems to running ok, I have XP Pro
with sevice pack 2.

Any advice would be appreciated

reinitialise the logfile?

Leythos

Hi,
I have posted this 3 times now and not had a reply, is there something wrong
with the question below.

I have opened event viewer and when I highlight the system tab a window
comes up saying,

The event log file is corrupt.
then a red cross comes up on the icon and it says,

There are no items to show in this view.

The computer seems to running ok, I have XP Pro
with sevice pack 2.

Any advice would be appreciated

Have you searched your favorite search engine for "Windows XP how to fix
a corrupt event log"?

You do realize that Usenet is NOT REAL TIME - that people are not just
waiting to answer every question that is posted. Usenet is like putting
a note up on a large board, with hundreds of other notes, and hoping
that someone will see your note and than that someone that sees it will
actually read it and then again that someone that sees/reads it will
have a reply for you.

Google is your first place when you have a problem, then Usenet, then
calling MS Directly.

Steve N.

"Please don't post binaries to this text newsgroup. I
didn't want your crappy picture on my hard drive."

Sound familiar David?

LOL!

Steve

Alex Nichol

Dajan said:
I have posted this 3 times now and not had a reply, is there something wrong
with the question below.

You asked about ten hours earlier. People are all around the world, and
probably look in daily. Expect to wait 24 hours at least before asking
again

Steve N.

David said:
I anticipated that. I didn't post any binaries. I used a different technique.

The effect is the same. I'm on dialup and the message takes just as long
to download as if it had an "attached" binary, and it still is in fact
binary information no matter what technique you used.

Steve

David Candy

I only did it this way to adhere to the copyright. But OE went and got the file from the net. I'lluse iframes in future.