From: "=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbg==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Event ID 4005
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:16:09 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

I am running a W2K cluster as my file & print server. The cluster also is used to route print jobs from a Unix box to a
print queue on the server. Every now and again I get the following error in the application log of my event viewer:

Event ID 4005
Request for unsupported print format received from applmgr : job may not print correctly.

Does anyone know why this may happen? I am not having a problem with jobs printing from Unix, this is just a I
want to know why and I can't find the answer. Thanks for the help.
--

I'd start by checking out the following article.

150930 - LPD Server Adds and Prints Control Codes
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];150930

If this does not resolve it I would try the following steps.

Change the spooler type on the Unix box to use "BSD" as compared to the standard AIX format.
On 2000 change the data type to "RAW", select "Print directly to the printer" and apply the following changes in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printername>\PrinterDriverData

Value Name: LpdPrinterPassThrough
Data Type: REG_DWORD
String: 1

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Ron Halvorsen

Dean,
Please if you find out let me know. i am having an
idential problem with printing to anyone of my network HP
8100's along with an Offending Command: timeout
Stack: printing on the last page. At times the whole
document does not get printed.
This has been one problem that has me talking to myself!
Ron H