Event ID 1000

Laura

I continue to get Event ID 1000 in the application event
viewer after I log off. Windows cannot unload your
registry class file. If you have a roaming profile, your
settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
DETAIL Access is denied ,Build number ((2195)).

I do have roaming profiles.
It takes a long time to logoff the machine so it is
annoying.

Here is the hotfix information that I have found:
Hotfix Information
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it
is only intended to correct the problem that is described
in this article. Only apply it to systems that are
experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may
receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not
severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends
that you wait for the next Windows 2000 service pack that
contains this hotfix.

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft
Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix.

My questions are:
1.) Should I even bother since it doesn't seem like it is
recommended or even a real fix?
2.) How do I get my hands on it without contacting
Microsoft?

Thanks for any input!

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Laura" <[email protected]>
Subject: Event ID 1000
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:20:31 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

[...]

---

Laura,

The information you posted from the article is the standard information in any article that talks about a hotfix that has not
been rolled into a Service Pack yet. The only legal way to obtain the hotfix is to contact Microsoft and open a support
incident. As long as you only request the hotfix from that article there should be no charge for the support incident.

You may also want to look at the article below as well.

837115 - Troubleshooting profile unload issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];837115

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.