Error while creating trust relationship

Giri

I am unable to create a trust relationship between a
windows 2003 DC and a Windows 2000 DC. I get the following
error when tried creating trust relationship.

Error: "Either the domain does not exists, or network or
other problems are preventing connection"

Kevin Bowersock

Start with the basics:
1 can you ping the remote machine by IP address?
2. Can you ping the remote machine by name?
3. Have you tried to set up an lmhosts file to help the two DC's find each
other.?
see:
180094 How to Write an LMHOSTS File for Domain Validation and Other Name
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=180094

The two DC's have to find each other before you can set up a trust.

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights