Problem enabling trust relationship

Eduardo Sicouret

Hello,

I get the following error when trying to establish a trust relationship
between 2 domains:
"The rpc server is unavailable"

Running the NETDIAG tool I get the following messages:

[warning] cannot find a primary authoritative DNS server for the name
'xxx@domainname' may not be registered in DNS

[warning] The DNS entries for this DC are not registered correctly on DNS
server 'xx.xx.xx.xx'. Please wait for 30 minutes for DNS server replication.

[FATAL] no DNS servers have the DNS records for this DC registered

I checked with the DNS administration tool and there's an entry for the DC.
I can ping the local DC as well as the one for the domain for which i want
to enable the trust relationship.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Eduardo Sicouret

Robert L [MS-MVP]

can you ping remote computer by FQND? also you may try this command Netdiag /debug. this link may help,

Network errors
Resolution: Run the Netdiag /debug command on the server in question to check
any errors. Also check these articles - .RPC Server is Unavailable ...
www.chicagotech.net/neterrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE