Error opening IE6

Moshe Tamir

for a week now, I get:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

every time I try to open the browser.

(I think, but am not sure, that my IE6 is somehow
connected to my Outlook Express. The email part is
working fine)

Help please !

Moshe

Don Varnau

Moshe,
From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced uncheck "Enable third party
browser extensions." That should allow IE to open.

Run CWShredder from http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html It's been
the most helpful with this problem. It may be the only cleanup program you
need this time. CWShredder is only about 125 KB so it could be downloaded
from another machine onto a floppy disk.

Search for and remove other malware and note the security tips at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

You should re-enable browser extensions after the cleanup.

Don

Moshe Tamir

Dear Don,

THANK YOU SO MUCH !! I can now open the browser.

I'll move on with the cleanup process as well.

Thanks again, MOSHE

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Moshe Tamir" <moshe.tamir[at]verizon.net> wrote in message
for a week now, I get:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

every time I try to open the browser.

(I think, but am not sure, that my IE6 is somehow
connected to my Outlook Express. The email part is
working fine)

Help please !

Moshe

.