error messages

G

I have Windows XP Home edition. i have had no trouble, until about a month ago when my PC was left on all night. i hav run several diagnostic tests, but PC is still going slow. When I select 'start', or 'control panel' or any other function, it takes anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes for the computer to react...and it takes at least that long after I shut the computer down for it to actually turn off completely.
I wrote down the error messages that come up every time I turn the PC on...
-DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjet35.dll is not a valid Windows imag
-Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005
-DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\OLEDB32R.DLL is not a valid Windows imag
-Failure to load resource DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\OLEDB32R.DL
-SPRINGFLD_ADV_DAEMON: mswkscal.exe - Bad Image OLEDB32.DL
-Calendar can't find one or more files it needs to ru
-DLL C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\micore.dll is not a valid Windows image (msn6.exe)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

G

Gerry Cornell

Found the msjet35.dll error here:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/cdrom/platinum/faq.html#incorrect

The error involving mswkscal.exe relates to Microsoft Works Calendar. What version of Microsoft Works do you have? Do you have CD containing this programme? Can you find on your hard disk and if yes what version? I suggest you Enable Show Hidden Files and Folders. To enable show hidden
files select Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, Advanced Settings and place a check before Show Hidden Files and Folders. Do this bore searching your hard disk for mswkscal.exe.

Your system woulld most likely benefit if parasites were removed. Download Adaware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ and use it to remove parasites.

If you still have problems then look at the error messages in Event Viewer. The key information is the Event ID and the source! Post details here and you may get some answers.

1. To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, double-click Event Viewer and select System for system errors or Application for application errors. Look for Error in the Type column and double click on Error to reveal a Description of the error. This can be copied by using Clipboard Viewer (see later).

2. Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should double click for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

3. For some errors you will find "+ Related Knowledge Base Article", which if double clicked takes you to the Knowledge Base Article containing a suggested solution.

There always seems to be a step 2 but not always a step 3.

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports (Step 1). Run Event Viewer and double click on the error you want to copy. In the window which appears is a button resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your message ( email )and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer. It can be helpful to place a shortcut to Event Viewer on your Desktop.

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA
(e-mail address removed)
Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J

Jim

-----Original Message-----
I have Windows XP Home edition. i have had no trouble,
until about a month ago when my PC was left on all night.
i hav run several diagnostic tests, but PC is still going
slow. When I select 'start', or 'control panel' or any
other function, it takes anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes for
the computer to react...and it takes at least that long
after I shut the computer down for it to actually turn off
completely.
I wrote down the error messages that come up every time I turn the PC on...
-DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjet35.dll is not a valid Windows image
-Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)
-DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole
DB\OLEDB32R.DLL is not a valid Windows image
-Failure to load resource DLL C:\Program
Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\OLEDB32R.DLL
-SPRINGFLD_ADV_DAEMON: mswkscal.exe - Bad Image OLEDB32.DLL
-Calendar can't find one or more files it needs to run
-DLL C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\micore.dll
is not a valid Windows image (msn6.exe)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
First run the system file checker tool, click start, run,
and type in; " sfc /scannow " with that space after sfc,
and it will ask for your XP CD to copy any needed files.If