Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Gary VanderMolen

This error message is quite different.
The original error message reflected using SSL on port 25.
This one reflects using no SSL on port 587.

There are two possible reasons why you are getting this
second error message:
1) Wavecable.com may not support port 587.
2) The corporate connection you are using has a firewall that blocks
port 587.

Based on some testing I did just now, the first possibility is true.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote in message
Hi Gary, I still get the message:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

It appears that it is getting hooked up on sending my out mail. The in mail
comes in fine. I do not have either SSL on in or out mail checked. On the
servers tab I have:
POP3
mail.wavecable.com
mail.wavecable.com
log on using clear text authentication

Please help!!

Gary VanderMolen said:
Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.
hanks for including the complete error message because it made

Chris

I too got that message:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I am not seeing any fixes??? Can someone help me?

Gary VanderMolen

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Chris" wrote in message

I too got that message:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I am not seeing any fixes??? Can someone help me?

wolf

It is in windows vista Brad

Chris said:
I too got that message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I am not seeing any fixes??? Can someone help me?

supersupercooper

Seems u r a guru for this:
Here is my error message copied:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F

My email I CAN access is (e-mail address removed)
Thanks