Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Gary VanderMolen

If your Internet connection was stable, then I'd say that "unexpectedly
terminated" is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. If you get the connection stabilized (see my previous
post), and the same problem continues, do a trial uninstall of your
antivirus.

Otter380

I uninstalled Trend Micro and haven't had much luck. I also double checked
my settings. I allowed access to the needed ports. D link is blaming
optimum online for the problem and optimum online thinks its the wireless
router that needs to be tweaked.

I also checked for corrupted e-mail and still no luck.

Gary VanderMolen

Email issues are seldom caused by routers or firewalls.
Are you running any other third party security software?

Reaching for straws, when Vista was first deployed, quite a few users
discovered that their older routers did not like Vista's auto-tuning feature.
If that may be affecting you, have a look at this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934430

Otter380

There is secure spot that came with the router set up. I disabled the mail
control on it but I'm not sure how I'd go about uninstalling it. I access it
via web.

It hasn't an option to turn off the firewall.

mac

Otter380 said:
Good evening Gary,

Currently I am receiving this error message:

0x800CCC0F

Oddly enough, some e-mail gets through but every e-mail will not be
processed. For example my mom's account has over 150 e-mails that need to
be
received. It'll receive maybe 4 one time, 8 another before it gets stuck
and
that error message comes up.

I am able to browse the internet fine. I have high connection speed as
well. The error just started coming up when I installed a wireless router
for my lap top. (I am having this issue on my desktop). If I connect the
computer directly to the modem, I no longer have an error. As soon as it
is
connected through the wireless router the error appears.

I have PC Cillin. I've gone through a lot of the steps to see if it is
that, but I am guessing it must be the router. I allowed access to port
110
and 25 as need be, but the error still persists. Any help would be much
appreciated.

-Bryan

Try this:

Log in to your mom's account with her PW & UN and move or delete any very
large messages?

https://webmail2.optonline.net/

Gary VanderMolen

As a test, can you bypass the router and connect your computer directly
to the modem?

Otter380

It looks like disabling the Vista auto tuner worked. Thank you very much for
you help. I was about to send the router back, but now everything seems to
be working correctly.

-Bryan

Gary VanderMolen

You're welcome. Glad to have helped.
We haven't had a Vista auto-tuning issue here in over 12 months, so
you really had me reaching deep in my bag of tricks. :)

Josh

Hi Gary,

I am receiving this message>
inactivity. Subject 'g', Account: 'main', Server: 'smtp.daichy.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I use 3 different email accounts (I mean 3 domains are different) the above
occurs only with one of the three, and only when I try to send emails -
receiving is OK. AV is trend micro, outgoing email scan is turned off.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Gary VanderMolen \(MS MVP\)

Your problem is most likely caused by your antivirus.
Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try
Windows Mail again. If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of the antivirus.

Another option (instead of uninstalling Trend Micro) is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of
overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the reason
explained here:

mynameisgregg

inactivity.

Subject 'Re: Emailing: Viewing a thread - Local Bridge accident with Chisel
Pics'
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

I get this error with one of my accounts when sending, I am using Windows
Live Mail with Gmail, and my other account I use this with works fine sending
mail.

Already tried disabling antivirus, didn't work.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

"Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Karina

I get this error when trying to send from Windows Mail:
inactivity.

Subject 'testing'
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053

System is Windows 7, Norton 360 running but with outgoing email scan turned
off.

Peter Foldes

Karina.

Turning off the email scanning in Norton or in any other Anti Virus will not solve
your issue. The problem being that the scanning will not turn off correctly. You
need to uninstall Norton as per the Norton uninstall tool and then re-install it
without the email integration(scanning) option . This will turn the scanning off.
Not the way you have went about it.
Also if I were you I would dump Norton completely and install something like Avast
which is far better than Norton as far as scanning and issues not happening . It
also works much better than Norton

Norton Uninstall Tool
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F said:
Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes

Gary VanderMolen

Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.
Thanks for including the complete error message because it made
the diagnosis easy.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Your provider doesn't support advanced options like SSL:
http://www.wavebroadband.com/art.php?id=emailsetup

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" wrote in message
Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Hi Gary, I still get the message:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

It appears that it is getting hooked up on sending my out mail. The in mail
comes in fine. I do not have either SSL on in or out mail checked. On the
servers tab I have:
POP3
mail.wavecable.com
mail.wavecable.com
log on using clear text authentication

Please help!!

Gary VanderMolen said:
Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.
hanks for including the complete error message because it made

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

One more questions.

I am not at my home computer, which is where my original email account is
set up. I am at work trying to set up the live mail to access my home email,
will this work?