Error: Hotkeyapp. Alchemy.

Reaction score
Please help, HotKeyapp error: AlchemyXML not found...

Hello there,

Recently my laptop has given up trying to connect to my hub (BT HomeHub). It's not my hub because our wired computer, other netbook laptop and PS3 all connect fine so by process of elimination it's my laptop's fault!

The details of my laptop are:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3505
Model MS2192

and runs XP professional as standard from factory.

I have an error message on start up which reads:

HotKeyApp.exe- Unable to locate Component
This application failed to start because Alchemyxml.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also the button above my qwerty which would enable my wireless connection doesn't work (is this a hotkey as in the error message??), but the others lined up next to it (emails, internet, on/off button) appear to work fine although they can't connect because of the wirelss connection problem. I've removed the keyboard and checked underneath the button but it all seems fine so I'm wondering if it's a driver problem, but I don't know where to re-install it from.

Any help with this would be most grateful! Although I am not the most knowledgeable lady when it comes to computer stuff, I can follow instructions and have a few years experience of handling various problems but this one has left me flummoxed (and frustrated!!)

I have been onto the Fujitsu website on my PC but when it comes to downloading drivers etc I need an available internet connection on my laptop...! Grrr!

Thanks in anticipation,

Mares xxx

Last edited:

Ask a Question