Windows XP Please HELP!! Hotkeys app with Alchemyxml problem!

Reaction score
Hello there,

Recently my laptop has given up trying to connect to my hub (BT HomeHub) wirelessly. It's not my hub because our wired computer, other netbook laptop and PS3 all connect fine so by process of elimination itCs my laptopCs fault!

The details of my laptop are:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3505 Model MS2192
and runs XP professional as standard from factory.

I have an error message on start up which reads:
HotKeyApp.exe- Unable to locate Component This application failed to start because Alchemyxml.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also the button above my qwerty which would enable my wireless connection doesnCt work (is this a hotkey as in the error message??), but the others lined up next to it (emails, internet, on/off button) appear to work fine although they canCt connect because of the wirelss connection problem. ICve removed the keyboard and checked underneath the button but it all seems fine.

I have been onto the Fujitsu website but when I try to download the drivers and select open, nothing happens. When I choose save, it just puts the files in a folder on my desktop with no 'run' folder or automatic installation so I'm none the wiser there.

Any help with this would be most grateful! Although I am not the most knowledgeable lady when it comes to computer stuff, I can follow instructions and have a few years experience of handling various problems but this one has left me flummoxed (and frustrated!!)

Many thanks in anticipation,

Mary x

Reaction score
Hi Mares

Insert your XP Prof CD and get your comp to boot from there..When it starts up, do a repair instalation..This will repair any corrupt files and replace any that are missing..

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated..

Unfortunately I don't have an XP pro cd, it didn't come with the laptop from brand new...

*holds head in hands*

I'm feeling desperate now!

Mares x x x

Reaction score
Do you know of anybody with an XP pro disk...? Otherwise, download the .dll and install it yourself..I'd have a little look around first to see what that specific .dll is before installing it though..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
If you still need an XP Pro CD after Madx has finished helping then if you send me a PM with your address and what version of XP Pro it is then i can send you a cd.

Will cost you a £2.50 donation to the Childrens Hospice.

As others know i used to give em away for free but its C*****mas soon and sick kids need prezzies too.

Reaction score
Unfortunately,

I'm proving to be a complete idiot at the moment and can't seem to install the downloads from Fujitsu Website either!! They don't do anything apart from sit in their folder:

_setupdll, data1, data1hdr, issetup, IsWow64

and so on and so forth but with no way I can see of actually installing the wretched things!

If I could purchase a cd from you I'd be most appreciated and would eagerly give you a donation, I can pay through PayPal?

Thanks so much,

Mary x x

Ask a Question