the message access denied from my dektop. Now I believe this is better but
now a really don't know what to do

thanx for all your help
Mcse
student

B

beb

As a student and aspiring engineer it might help if you know that half the
battle is won by knowing how to find information. Google is very helpful.
Always document the steps that you have taken in the order that they were.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html"BacklightSoul123456789" <[email protected]>wrote in message did check the port 3389.... I opened up another port 135 and it gave me> the message access denied from my dektop. Now I believe this is better but> now a really don't know what to do>> thanx for all your help> Mcse> student> --> backlight>>> "beb" wrote:>>> Check that the port 3389 is listening on the laptop.>>>> "BacklightSoul123456789"<[email protected]>>> wrote in message>I can connect to my desktop from my laptop, but I cannot connect to my>> >laptop>> > frommy desktop using RD>> > -->> > backlight>> >>> >>> > "beb" wrote:>> >>> >> Configure the firewall on both computers to allow RDP to pass through.>> >> Try>> >> making a basic remote desktop connections first before trying RA.>> >>>> >> Also make sure you have setup up port forwarding correctly.>> >>>> >>http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-624/Remote_Desktop.htm>> >>>> >>>> >> "BacklightSoul123456789">> >> <[email protected]>>> >> wrote in message>> >> >> >I am running windows 2003 server enterprise edition on my destop and>> >> >windows>> >> > XP on my laptop.The device being used to connect my laptop and my>> >> > desktop>> >> > together is a wireless d-link 624 router with ports. My laptop ispart>> >> > of>> >> > the>> >> > domain located on my desktop. What I am trying to do is offer remote>> >> > assistance to my laptop from the help and Support Center wizardlocated>> >> > on>> >> > my>> >> > desktop. I have already opened the port 3389 on my router and I>> >> > configured>> >> > my>> >> > laptop to enable remote assistance using the command gpedit.msc.With>> >> > all>> >> > these configurations being made I still received an error message of>> >> > "THE>> >> > REMOTE>> >> > SERVER MACHINE DOES NOT EXIST OR IS UNAVAILABLE" after pasting theip>> >> > address of the laptop in the connect box of the offer remoteassistance>> >> > wizard.>> >> >>> >> > I cannot even telnet to the port 3389. This is the list>> >> > of steps I used to do that>> >> > 1) Run cmd(enter)>> >> > 2)typed telnet (enter)>> >> > 3)typed o 3389 (enter)>> >> > Received error message of "could not open connection to the host, on>> >> > port>> >> > 23: connection failed">> >> >>> >> > I need help, what should I do?>> >> >>> >> > Suggestions would be great>> >> > Thank you>> >> > MCSE Student>> >> > -->> >> > backlight>> >>>> >>>> >>>>>>>>

G

Beb I am documenting everything and googaling that's the reason why I found
out about port 135. Peter I am running windows pro with service pack2.
I even go to technet for answers.

Thank you Beb and Peter

Ask a Question