Epson Stylus Photo 950 refill colors problem

A

Alex

Hi,

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 950 and decided recently to save money on inks. So I've bought £80
worth of bulk inks, refill kits and a chip resetter just to find that when I install the refilled cartridges all my
colours went terribly wrong. If I use printer colour management and set it to the default (which I didn't
have to worry about before) my photos look with heavily added blue-greenish hue. After long hours
playing with photoshop I figured out that if I use only Photoshop's color management and not printer's one
I can get pictures look right, but only on plain paper in economy mode. If I try to set heavy weight-matte
paper or increase quality on plain paper colours go out of control :(
It might not be related to using the refilled cratridges and my printer has lost its mind regardless of the
type of cartridge I use, but somehow two events have coincided.

Did anyone have the same experience or is there anything I'm missing on refilling cratridges ?

Alex.

P

Phrederick

Alex said:
Hi,

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 950 and decided recently to save money on inks. So I've bought £80
worth of bulk inks, refill kits and a chip resetter just to find that when
I install the refilled cartridges all my
colours went terribly wrong.

Did you buy your ink from Epson? If not there is no way to know if they are
even a close match for what's in your print cartridges.

....also, if you have a six ink printer, you have to be sure to use light
coloured ink for some of the tanks.

B

Brian E. Ashley

||>Hi,
||>
||>I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 950 and decided recently to save money on inks. So I've bought £80
||>worth of bulk inks, refill kits and a chip resetter just to find that when I install the refilled cartridges all my
||>colours went terribly wrong. If I use printer colour management and set it to the default (which I didn't
||>have to worry about before) my photos look with heavily added blue-greenish hue. After long hours
||>playing with photoshop I figured out that if I use only Photoshop's color management and not printer's one
||>I can get pictures look right, but only on plain paper in economy mode. If I try to set heavy weight-matte
||>paper or increase quality on plain paper colours go out of control :(
||>It might not be related to using the refilled cratridges and my printer has lost its mind regardless of the
||>type of cartridge I use, but somehow two events have coincided.
||>
||>Did anyone have the same experience or is there anything I'm missing on refilling cratridges ?
||>
||>Alex.

I tried using a well known refill kit with chipsetter etc with an
earlier Epson 870 and it was a disaster and vowed to never again.

My current Epson SP950 is an excellent machine but I'll only ever use
Epson Cartridges now.

May I suggest using Epson's Buy Online site, they deliver within
24 hrs and always fresh product with the latest Papers etc.

http://www.buyepson.co.uk/default.asp

All 950 Carts at £9.19 + vat
A4 Premium Glossy Photo Paper at £10.19 + vat

I think we both learnt the hard way.

J

Joel

Alex said:
Hi,

worth of bulk inks, refill kits and a chip resetter just to find that when I install the refilled cartridges all my
colours went terribly wrong. If I use printer colour management and setit to the default (which I didn't
have to worry about before) my photos look with heavily added blue-greenish hue. After long hours
playing with photoshop I figured out that if I use only Photoshop's color management and not printer's one
I can get pictures look right, but only on plain paper in economy mode.If I try to set heavy weight-matte
paper or increase quality on plain paper colours go out of control :(
It might not be related to using the refilled cratridges and my printerhas lost its mind regardless of the
type of cartridge I use, but somehow two events have coincided.

Did anyone have the same experience or is there anything I'm missing onrefilling cratridges ?

Alex.

I don't have 950, but I have been refilling Epson cartridge for 4-5
years now without any problem. Just make sure not to either plug or
tape the outlet real well so no ink can't leak from one color to other.
Fill each color slowly, let it set for 12+ hours, do few cleaning to get
rid of air bubble, and you should be fine.

If it doesn't print right then very possible that some color still
have air in it, and you may try to let it set for some extra hours.

Ask a Question