Epson DX5000 Printer Problem

Reaction score
Hi

I have an Epson DX5000 Three in one printer since Christmas 2006. All was going well until this morning when me son wanter to print his homework. Then had problems with my blue ink cartridge. Done a nozzle check and no blue printing at all so done a head clean and had some blue come out. In the end done about 5 head cleans and was looking a lot better then asked me to replace black ink which i did after i done this and printed my blue ink started to play me up.

For the last few months have only been using the black ink. Red, yellow and black ink seem to be printing properly, just problem with the blue. Now printer's telling me to replace blue ink again although this was only replaced a couple of weeks ago. Need to go out get more ink but am weary about buying more ink if i still have the same problem with the new ink. Was i just unkucky and it just being a problem with the blue ink. Or because i only print in black is this where the problem lies. How do i unclog the blue ink nozzles. I hope someone can help me with this before i pay out money.

Thanks

Regards

Sarah

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... the greatest flaw from the earlier models is still there and that's the heavy ink usage.

Even though the cartridges are split into four in the interest of economy, after copying just four A4 colour photos at best resolution, three-quarters of the coloured inks had vanished in our test.

As one of the prime selling points is the memory card utility and the durability of the coloured inks, this is going to be a serious drawback if you're frequently replacing cartridges at £7 a go.
... HTH

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi , I have a Epsom CX5400 with 4 individual cartridges . You can take out the offending cartridge and clean the bits where the ink comes out with lint free cloth and cpu cleaner . Do this several times , you can leave the cleaner soaked cloth over the relevant bit for several mins to help loosen the ink . Dry thoughrouly before replaceing . Its worth giving the bits on the printer a clean aswell , same routine . This may help . The jets used by the printer are very small and once clogged up are very difficult or impossible to clean . Best way to avoid this is to print a small multicoloured A4 sheet every week to keep the nozzels clean .

user.gif

Reaction score
Hi Abarbarian

Thanks. I will try your suggestion. I am not a technically minded person. Usually when things go wrong i have two people to ask. Both with knowledge of problem solving. One worked on my pc and caused major problems so i couldn't use particalar machine and the other one i nearly blew up with a machine he was fixing of mine. I'm just completely hopeless and do wonder why i go near the machines.

I will see what happens just got to go and get the tools for the job. When i've got the money that is.

Thanks again

Sarah

Reaction score
Whilst under warranty use Epson cartridges & when thats over use Staples budget ones!
Cheaper and even made in the same place at 1/3 of the price.
My DX4800 drinks the cartridges and is possibly the worst i have used, just a pity i chucked out my old HP!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Barnes75 said:
Hi Abarbarian

Thanks. I will try your suggestion. I am not a technically minded person. Usually when things go wrong i have two people to ask. Both with knowledge of problem solving. One worked on my pc and caused major problems so i couldn't use particalar machine and the other one i nearly blew up with a machine he was fixing of mine. I'm just completely hopeless and do wonder why i go near the machines.

I will see what happens just got to go and get the tools for the job. When i've got the money that is.

Thanks again

Sarah

Ther only thing you should need apart from your hands a nd a clean lint free cloth is this (see link) You can maybee buy a bottle of it at your local chemist but you'll have to ask for "isopropyl alcohohl" .

http://www.shinyhardware.co.uk/products/CPU_&_GPU_Cleaner_-_ISOPROPANOL_125ml_/5290/

happywave.gif

Ask a Question