epson all in one printer

Desmond

Hi. I have never had one of these before.
It is a WIRELESS Epson XP-215. The shop keeper told me that if I wanted to use it as wireless then I had to use the cable first so that it could learn. Learn what?

I have a wireless router with a wireless name and password. How is this printer even going to cope with a password issue. I can print documents with the cable only.

Secondly it has a scanner. I was under the impression I could use it as a scanner but it appears it is only a copy facility giving me a print. I need an electronic jpg back.

Am I missing something here?

HELP PLEASE.

Desmond

Sorry you have lost me with iPrint. I used to have a scanner that scanned and I got the file on my PC and was able to copy it or email it to someone. This seems to be nothing more than a photocopier and a printer all in one.

I have an installation CD and I have installed the software. Even without the wireless connection it is only a photocopier.

Desmond

Are there any reasonably priced all in one printers (print, Scan, copy) This Epson XP-215 claims it is an all in one. What Epson don't realise is a photocopier is a scanner and printer combined. yes it copies by virtue it has a scanner.

So any good all in one that actually scans to computer.

Rodney Pont

Are there any reasonably priced all in one printers (print, Scan, copy) This Epson XP-215 claims it is an all in one. What Epson don't realise is a photocopier is a scanner and printer combined. yes it copies by virtue it has a scanner.

So any good all in one that actually scans to computer.

The SX405 and XP750 both are a scanner and printer and both print, scan
to PC and copy. Did the software include Epson Scan? Have you looked at
the user manual that you installed from the CD? What version of OS are
you running? If you go into Control Panel is there a section for
printers and/or scanners and can you see the scanner section from
there?

I'm pretty confident that it will be able to scan to the computer. You
also set up the wireless from the computer through the USB cable but if
you have it working via cable it's going to be more reliable than with
Wi-Fi and I don't see the point in setting up the Wi-Fi.

Charlie Hoffpauir

Are there any reasonably priced all in one printers (print, Scan, copy) This Epson XP-215 claims it is an all in one. What Epson don't realise is a photocopier is a scanner and printer combined. yes it copies by virtue it has a scanner.

So any good all in one that actually scans to computer.
Not sure this is of any help....

My multifunction is a Brother, MFC-8870DW, and it will connect
wireless to my WiFi, but I have to first set it up using a USB cable
to the computer. It's an involved process... I need to continuously
refer to the manual to get it done, so maybe the Epson is similar.
Once set up, it does print wireless from the computer, or scan
wirelessly to the computer. It also is capable of copying, Fax, etc,
like most MF devices.

John Doe

Desmond said:
Hi. I have never had one of these before.
It is a WIRELESS Epson XP-215. The shop keeper told me that if I wanted to
use it as wireless then I had to use the cable first so that it could
learn. Learn what?

I have a wireless router with a wireless name and password. How is this
printer even going to cope with a password issue. I can print documents
with the cable only.

Secondly it has a scanner. I was under the impression I could use it as a
scanner but it appears it is only a copy facility giving me a print. I
need an electronic jpg back.

Am I missing something here?

HELP PLEASE.

Yeah you miss something..

Why not just buy new one?

John Doe

Troll needs to get a life...

From: "John Doe" <doe usenetlove.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: epson all in one printer
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 13:45:07 -0700

Yeah you miss something..

Why not just buy new one?

Flasherly

Literacy.

The shopkeeper's suggestion of using a cable to "learn it" was
correct. Printers, as peripherals, have a language of commands
particular to themselves, say, as opposed to modems, another
peripheral involving some functional complexity.

There's been a staunch backlash against such pomposity, however,
perceived as technological verbosity -- a rallying point often
incurred under the righteous banner of obfuscation -- against a
qualifiable matter of scientists and engineers responsible for
defining perception as a limitation of computer application.

Industry has now stepped in a mitigatory capacity, though, as
benefactors to a public need, by in large, of continued expectations
given to modern technological marvels of application;- conciliations
have forthwith advanced to services indeed now provided from heldheld
devices, conveniently carried in fanny-packs or a purse, from a cloud
subscription bases.