Epson 2000P

Reaction score
I have been given an old Epson 2000P that hasn't been used for some while. Although the head carriage moves backwards and forwards and it makes all the right noises, nothing prints....at all, not even a nozzle check.

I have down-loaded the software, but I suspect the ink has dried somwhere in the system. I have used a flushing agent from the internet, but it hasn't done anything.

Any ideas where I can go from here or maybe a better method of flushing out dried ink. I have actually removed the print nozzles and tried to clean the 'plate' but this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanx in anticipation.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A common problem, ink clogging/drying with a lot of inkjets, especially Epsons.

Just binned an Epson myself, fortunately it was an cast-off anyway. :)

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Never had any success once Epsons have packed up. :(

I've always had to get a new one and suspect you will too. ;)

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for all your thoughts.

I think I may try and save the printer as it cost me nothing anyway.

Just a couple of questions if I might;

I've seen loads of adverts for 'flushing'liquids and they all claim to be the best, but any opinions on what really works well?

I get the impression that the USB cable length btween the computer and the printer is REALLY important. How so?

Thanx

Derek :confused:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I get the impression that the USB cable length btween the computer and the printer is REALLY important. How so?

Some stuff on USB cable length HERE

As to flushing liquids, I'm sure they are all basically the same.

Reaction score
Well, I tried flushing the 'blocked nozzles' and they are now running clear, but still no prints, but reading through the manual, it seems that the printer drivers may not be installing correctly as in 'device manager' under 'display adapters' it should show as 'epson usb printer devices, followed by epson usb printer epusb1 Alao my printer shows in device manager as
Epson Stylus 2000 esc/p.

Any idea if this might be why the printer is not being recognised?

Derek

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Which operating system are you using?

I'm guessing it will be Windows, so: XP; Vista; Win 7 or Win 8? Or perhaps one of the server variations of Windows.

Reaction score
Yes, it's Windows 7 32 bit version. I downloaded the driver from the Epson site, but at the time it didn't look as though it was providing the correct driver. Is there any difference betweeen Epson USA and U.K. I know UK don't support the 2000P as I contacted them and they couldn't give info on the model.

Thanks for your help

Ask a Question