England v Portugal...PICS

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Slept like a log till alarm went off at 6am - up and away and on train to Manchester.....the rain was absolutely lashing down when I arrived......I am so tired, been on a course all day. 2morro, early start en route to Leeds for a long meeting. Might sneak by Harvey Nicks though cos need some new make-up and their stuff is just heavenly. Won't be late out of bed 2nite. You intrepid night surfers have too much stamina!!!!

Gabriella xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Dear Chris

Slept like a log till alarm went off at 6am - up and away and on train to Manchester.....the rain was absolutely lashing down when I arrived......I am so tired, been on a course all day. 2morro, early start en route to Leeds for a long meeting. Might sneak by Harvey Nicks though cos need some new make-up and their stuff is just heavenly. Won't be late out of bed 2nite. You intrepid night surfers have too much stamina!!!!

Gabriella xx

Oh Dear, I wouldn't have liked to be out in that rain! I'm in Manchester, and it was lashing it down!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Ian

What a day...the train was late arriving...you can't even smoke on the station at M'c Picc which was a real pain after numerous hours since last cig.....I didn't realise this cos there were no signs till a voice announced 'this is a no smoking station' aaahhhhhh!! I promptly lobbed it onto a train track and moved quickly on!!

I had to wait an eternity for a taxi to go what was probably about a 5 minute walk but with no jacket, umbrella and wearing sandals cos it was nice when I left home I didn't fancy arriving like a drowned rat! The taxi driver was Mr Noncommunicative - not a word, not even to acknowledge my request to go to Quay Street - I didn't know till we got there that he had heard me and knew where he was going himself!!! I have been cold and tired all day and so glad to be home and warm and chilled.

Does it always rain like that in Mancehster and what on earth are those models of cows dotted in and around the station - are they a local emblem or something of great significance??

Gabriella xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds as if you had a rather bad experience of Manchester! I haven't seen it rain like that for a LONG time here, it has actually been a really nice past few weeks here - its just a shame you came on a bad day!

I know what you mean about the taxi drivers, I've had a few just like that! I seem to end up with "Generic Taxi Man #1" each time I use one.

The cows are part of the "cow parade" festival that is currently on tour. I saw them in Brussels last summer, and now they are in Manchester. They are dotted around all over the place, large companies seem to "sponsor" them with their own colours - adds a bit of spice. At first I didn't really like them, but some of them are pretty funny :)

Where abouts in Manchester did you go today?

Reaction score
sounds nasty.

rained here, a little. not enough to stop me running out to the garage in my socks to grab a choc ice though...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Sre you serious 'cow Parade on Tour' whatever next....some of them were quite pretty but somehow I just couldn't get the thread/theme whatever - thought it was perhaps some sort of milk promotion!! I was perhaps feeling grotty cos the nicotine levels were far too low, perhaps dangerously so!!

I was in Byrom House, Quay Street, Mancehster - on the corner just up from the Opera House.

My employer has its Manchester office there - first trip to the office although been to M'c many times and had some great times in the Science Museum spying out onto Coronation Street set with the children!!

Gabriella xx

Ask a Question