Email bounces itself within Outlook 2003

Nikola

Hi There,

Bit of a strange one - I use Outlook 2003 to access my POP
account. I also have webmail access to this account. I get
about 300 emails a day bouncing back from an email
address, but it isn't actually bouncing off their server,
or mine (no messages show in webmail) - rather it is all
staying within Outlook!

There are no messages in the outbox, and it has only
registered as being sent once!! The date of ALL the
bounced emails is identical (last friday at 4.21).

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Email header is below: (My details have been slightly
changed....)

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:35:13 +1100
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

It may be a virus but I would delete them in any case.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nikola asked:

| Hi There,
|
| Bit of a strange one - I use Outlook 2003 to access my POP
| account. I also have webmail access to this account. I get
| about 300 emails a day bouncing back from an email
| address, but it isn't actually bouncing off their server,
| or mine (no messages show in webmail) - rather it is all
| staying within Outlook!
|
| There are no messages in the outbox, and it has only
| registered as being sent once!! The date of ALL the
| bounced emails is identical (last friday at 4.21).
|
| Any ideas anyone?
|
| Thanks
|

| Email header is below: (My details have been slightly
| changed....)

| Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:35:13 +1100
| From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
| To: <[email protected]>
| Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
| Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

Nik Devidas

and then 4 days and 600+ emails later... it just stopped!

Thanks for your response!