eBuyer

Reaction score
Yep noticed some companies not offering a phone line. Since I work as a technican in PCworld can 100% endorse that there shouldnt be a telephone cos no ones got time to answer it. They should either pop in for an update or email us...

Ebuyer yeap had issues with em ill admit, worst one was when they sent the wrong item to me 4 times in the end I told the customer service lady since no one at ebuyer can tell the difference between a black and white cdwriter can I refund and I was.

But yeah ive placed 7 orders from ebuyer since gave them a 6 months gap and they are getting better, but its always a risk with them.

Microdirect, 2months and counting they still owe me £600+ for an RMA.....

At the end of the day there isnt one company out there I couldnt complain about them since there all useless, its a shame no one can just order and get the parts they actually ordered and on time anymore.

Reaction score
i buy from ebuyer quite alot.recent purchase was 12 computer cases.out of the 12 8 were damaged..have you ever tried returning faulty products to ebuyer.apart from them wanting 8 rma forms filling out (evan tho all the cases are the the same)it took them over 8 days to reply to rma request.phone them...i dont think so they certainly dont like giving out a phone number.attach an email to there returns departments email..dont think so, it comes back mail delivery error.ok so there prices are good,delivery getting better,evan tho if you order something like pc cases..choose the ones with free delivery..order 12 or simalar quantity and you still get charged a pallet price? when it comes to returns i have to wonder wether it is worth all the hassle.

Reaction score
I dont like eBuyers cases.

They are nasty quality, sharp edges and wrapped up in chinese newspaper! oh and you dont get supplies with a power lead.

I prefer the Aria.co.uk ones, shame i have had a bad experience with their technical department.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep noticed some companies not offering a phone line. Since I work as a technican in PCworld can 100% endorse that there shouldnt be a telephone cos no ones got time to answer it. They should either pop in for an update or email us...
In for a hefty fine then arn't we ...

Many companies are still failing to put clear business addresses and contact numbers on their websites … this is a breach of the regulations. This information can be given to customers verbally but must also be given in writing.
Distance Selling Regulations Guide

Distance Selling Regulations

No your facts ... :thumb:

Reaction score
eBuyer are doing bad then... I think they should keep their phone number up there.

If its nowhere on the site then they done wrong right?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
HighlandeR said:
Cool hope they close down my PCworld branch then !

Now that would be fun :)
Not until somebody gives the DSR the teeth they need, although your Local Trading Standards Office may help. :thumb:

Reaction score
Had afew things from Ebuyer, but i didnt order anything that can break easily and most expensive thing was a £70 wireless router, luckily not had to RMA anything yet.

Seems that Ebuyer have got too popular too fast because of their low prices and they cant keep up with demand so customer services falls apart, and the people packing the goods must be doing it as fast as they can to get things going out and cost cutting with bubble wrap. Maybe the improvements people have been noticing are caused by increase in warehouse space and workforce. If they increase customer services spending then this will hopefully improve too.

Reaction score
Well i ordered a bunch of stuff there yesterday... and selected friday as my delivery date.

Amongst what i ordered was

PNY Verto FX 5700LE 128Mb TV/DVI £50.88 inc VAT
Trust multi-function headset with condenser mic £like 2 quid...

Both arrived this morning! Perfectly pack, 2 days earlier than expected!

Very unlike eBuyer, Very prompt.

The rest of the stuff i understand should arrive on Friday as although things are ordered together, they are dispatched from different locations. Hence i guess why delivery is £5.

Still, i'm happy, stuff is intact... well a tiny little headset was packed in a huge box (im not kidding) you could easily fit a motherboard, hard drive, GFX card and CD drive in the box with bubble wrap...

Reaction score
i've never had to send anything back but have had a few occasions where they could not find my house even 4 days after the delivery date, they do as now though because they send the same guy out to deliver as he knows where i am.

This has happened with OCUK too as i live in such a remote village.

Ask a Question