CCL Online

Reaction score
I just bought a custom built PC from CCL online and just thought I would give a quick report of the process, as I found this site really useful when I was trying to decide which retailer to buy from.

Ordering online was straightforward. Not all the components were in stock, but they let us know that and gave us the choice of chosing something else or waiting till it was in stock. All well and good, until 2 days after we had placed the order when the motherboard was delivered by a courier. I rang five times that day and was on hold for 8 minutes before giving up and leaving a message which was never responded to. Even though they promise a call back service. I then sent an email and received an automated reply saying it would be dealt with and someone would get back to me. That is the last I heard about the email. I eventually got through on a Saturday morning and spoke to a guy who said that the motherboard would be picked up on Monday and the whole order would still be on time. As the estimated delivery date wasn't for a week anyway. I also told him about the difficulty I had had contacting customer services and said that CCL's customer service was the main reason that we had chosen their company and if he could relay the problems I had been experiencing to his manager. The motherboard was not picked up on Monday and when I rang again on Tuesday morning there was no record of my call or any courier booked to pick up the motherboard which had apparantly been dispatched by a company that was providing stock to CCL and that company had sent it to us by mistake. (If the saturday customer services guy didn't even order a courier, I'm not too hopeful that my message got to a manager!) The guy I spoke to on Tuesday was super helpful and the motherboard was picked up that afternoon. The whole computer was due to arrive on the following Monday, and instead got to us on Wednesday, which was pretty predictable, despite the guy assuring me that the delivery would not be delayed.

It is now fully assembled and there are no major issues, so all in all it seems to be well enough put together. Though touch wood, it is still early days, 2 quite literally. The company seems good enough, but I just wanted to let people know that their customer services could be a bit sketchy. So if I had to recommend them in the future I would probably be half for and half against. Thanks to everyone who posts on the site, it definitely has the most info and it's good to hear other people's experiences.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you got all of the bits in the end Bozza :) I know a couple of people here swear by CCL and have had good service from them for years, so hopefully this was just a blimp - time will tell I guess :nod:

What sort of PC did you go for in the end, did you opt for the Intel or AMD route :D

Reaction score
Asus P5B Deluxe wifi AP motherboard
2GB Corsair 800 MHZ memory
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Corsair 520W power supply
Seagate 250GB hard drive
Coolermaster Centurion 534 case

Initial reaction is it seems like a good package, would think about putting an extra 80mm cooler perhaps. Ran a 3DMark06 with the default drivers and got about 8200, then updated to the latest drivers and got 9339, with the processor running at stock speed. Thinking about overclocking sometime later. We'll see.

Yeah and hopefully CCL are a good company that experienced a particularly busy customer services demand, but it was annoying while I was going through it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm glad to hear you got all of the bits in the end Bozza :) I know a couple of people here swear by CCL and have had good service from them for years, so hopefully this was just a blimp - time will tell I guess
nod.gif

What sort of PC did you go for in the end, did you opt for the Intel or AMD route :D
Yep, I use 'em. ;)

But, they are a bit poor on a Saturday, I usually phone Mon-Thur only, and have myself a long weekend. :D

I do wish they would use Guide Dogs instead of City Link, err, just my opinion. ;)

Welcome to the forums :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah I been using CCL for years aswell, always happy to go that extra bit for you to keep the customer happy...

Jeez they even went looking for a PSU with the white wire still attached and live and sent it to me, now thats beyond the call of duty...:thumb:

Reaction score
CCL and NSYS

Been getting components from CCL for ages now. Always been good on price and service.

For actual PCs we switched to NSYSonline (although we normally e-mail them for a quote as there's more choice that way!).

Reaction score
I am new to using CCLONLINE I ordered 3 monitors with a triple desk mount. The pc was a high speed pc that when I first spoke to CCLONLINE I did say that we would also play the od game of worldofworcraft. Having 3 dell monitors with vga ports this would never be the case. I have spoken to there main technical support guy called Steve fantastic support guy, who also spoke to the complaints department and arranged for the 3 dell monitors to be returned. Thanks Steve

Ask a Question