eBay desktops

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm about to become a student and therefore am looking to buy a pc. I would also like to be able to play some decent online games, but not enough to warrent a really good comp.

I have been looking on eBay for some, and there seem to be some good buys. I'm just wondering what the catch is and was looking for some info/advice whether to buy, or what to buy!

edit : links removed

Thanks a lot
Sam

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd personally be very wary about buying a desktop from ebay - warranties, returns and things like that can be so much more difficult.

What is your budget for a PC? :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts guys

Budget would be £400-500 really

I would like to build a pc but have no prior knowledge of how to - I have never even opened up a pc before!!!

Reaction score
00parrys said:

I would like to build a pc but have no prior knowledge of how to - I have never even opened up a pc before!!!

That doesn't particularly matter if you are prepared to do a little research beforehand. Its really not half as difficult as it sounds.

All depends if you are comfortable with trying it or not. Its no problem if you aren't of course, its up to you :)

Reaction score
imo 400-500 would get you a pc capable of playing any game out there atm.

Maybe if you werent concerned about having a top monitor

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
00parrys said:

Most tricky part is cpu fitting . The rest is as easy as wiring a plug . Then next difficult bit is setting up bios and software . Most difficult bit is what bits to buy and where from to get best bang for bucks . Main trouble with this part is that by the time you have read up reviews and found suppliers for chosen components they are already out of date . Despite all the difficulties if you go self build then you will end up saving lots of money and always be able to fix your pc which will save you even more money in the future . :D

Ask a Question