EasyOffice / EasyWriter is no more

Susan Bugher

*ProteanThread* said:
when they ask even registered users to pay $999 for an upgade.....

erm. . .

http://www.e-press.com/new/upgradea.asp

"Although e-Press will no longer be developing or selling the "Easy"
product line. . . "

"ONE is not an upgrade of our “Easy” products; it is a brand new
product. . . "

http://www.e-press.com/downloads/index.html

Still says there's a Freeware version of EasyOffice but the DL links
tell a different story.
http://www.tucows.com/preview/198735
http://www.download.com/3000-2079-10054140.html

EasyOffice with PDF Filter 9
Free to try; $59.00 to buy

dunno if there's a recent last freeware version available or not. Anyone?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Steven said:
LMFAO!........ fecking how much???????

ProteanThread got it right. Amazing that anybody would have the cohonees
to ask such a price with OpenOffice.org around.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No

JP Loken

På Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:22:40 +0100, skrev *ProteanThread*
http://www.e-press.com/new/index.asp

when they ask even registered users to pay $999 for an upgade.....

now i really gotta find that office suite :)

Not to be confused with this one:
http://easyoffice.sourceforge.net/

EasyOffice is a multilingual (available in german & english) office suite.
It has a Wordprocessing-, Database- and Spreadsheet-application and
email/network functions.

Didn't notice it before I started the hunt for the last freeware version
e-press EasyOffice.
I haven't tried it yet.

*ProteanThread*

Jeff said:
Neither can I. I e-mailed the author but the mail bounced. Looking at the
readme file, it's dated 1997, or some such thing. He's long gone from that
e-mail address.

Too bad. I would have enjoyed looking at it.

In the installation directory there are 2 *.REG files, i merged those
and it worked fine (not to mention created a C:\DOCUMENTS directory on
the root drive) - after that it worked fine; not bad but too bad he
didn't keep up with it.

Jeff Needle

*ProteanThread* said:
In the installation directory there are 2 *.REG files, i merged those
and it worked fine (not to mention created a C:\DOCUMENTS directory on
the root drive) - after that it worked fine; not bad but too bad he
didn't keep up with it.

Yup, got it to work, but it looks clunky. Never could create a document --
how did you do it?