DVD, windows does not recognize format

G

I use to play DVD movies on my Sony DRU 500 ax DVD RW unit. Now I get this error message but I can play and record CD fine. The only thing I found in the resources was to check the windows media player to see if the DVD tab is there, which it is. I tried system restore to see if I could find a date back far enough to where the unit worked but did not help. Because it is 3 months over the one year warranty the @#$% at Sony will not support it free. I do not know if I have a software or hard ware problem but the wizzard only led me to check updates for the my power DVD software and the was nothing on thier site. Sony has a drive check program but after it comes up and shows the correct model and info you run the diagnostic which only say it failed. The divie manager show the unit and that there are no problems. I found another program to check it with but it just checks the codecs and says they are fine. The show to be no new drivers and I take it that the ones it uses are MS window and not a sony specified one. I'm hoping that it is just a currupt file or something but I do not know how I can tell
Any cluse or ideas of resources to help
Thanks Ross

G

Thier's a download for dvd writing in xp,mentioning youre exact problem
try downloads,usethe scroll menu,scroll to xp,type in the bottom window
Windows XP You'll have to locate it in that group (275 dwnloads),or type in:DV
It might come up for you.

Ask a Question