Duplicate Files

atbraden

When I delete a file in my documents, pictures file one file goes t
trash bin and several duplicates go back into documents/pictures file.
I have hundreds of duplicate (copies) of same files. What is wrong an
how do I remove these?

Thanks to anyone who can give me help

Roberto

When I delete a file in my documents, pictures file one file goes to
trash bin and several duplicates go back into documents/pictures file.
I have hundreds of duplicate (copies) of same files. What is wrong and
how do I remove these?

Thanks to anyone who can give me help.

does this happen when using mouse only to delete or with the DEL
key, if so try another K/board

rgds
Roberto

Malke

When I delete a file in my documents, pictures file one file goes to
trash bin and several duplicates go back into documents/pictures file.
I have hundreds of duplicate (copies) of same files. What is wrong and
how do I remove these?

Thanks to anyone who can give me help.

Didn't I already answer this yesterday?

Are you trying to delete by dragging the files to the Recycle Bin? If
yes, this problem usually occurs because the hand isn't quite as steady
as one would want. You're moving the files slightly as you drag and
that is creating the extra copies.

First lower the sensitivity of your mouse from the Mouse applet in
Control Panel. Then change the way you delete. Either select files and
then right-click>Delete or select files and use File>Delete. To select
multiple contiguous files, highlight the first file in the series and
then hold down the Shift key and highlight the last file in the series.
All your desired files will be highlighted. Then use the right-click or
File menu deletion procedure. To delete non-contiguous files, hold down
the Ctrl key as you select.

Malke

atbraden

--
(e-mail address removed)-

does this happen when using mouse only to delete or with the
DEL
key, if so try another K/board

rgds
Roberto
------

Thanks for reply Roberto. (I am new on this site so a lot to learn.)

I highlight files then click on delete in file menu. I have also trie
clicking on delete in the file itself.

As of now after reading on ask.com I have MOVED all the files to a ne
folder I named duplicate files of copied files. They all moved with n
problem (after spending an hour I think) now they are all gone fro
documents/pictures.

Do you know what would be best way to delete these out of this ne
folder? I do not want them to come back into documents or pictures.

Thanks again and have a good evening.

Ann