dual processor boards...

Reaction score
It is worth it.. but you have to have the necessary applications to use it :)

For anyone who may have any doubts or more indepth questions that I can answer..

http://www.2cpu.com/ is an excellent resource of all things SMP :)

Reaction score
i mean its not worth it for the average user.

How good are these Xeon processors then - i mean a xeon system compared to a P4 northie system...just generally i mean. not in specific apps if you see what im getting at.

Reaction score
So maybe the major use of Dual-proc. setups is for dumbasses like myself who thought it would double my processing power... I didnt buy a dual-proc system, but i`ve wanted to.
PLus, it sounds good when you`re talking to people who dont know anything about computers... heh.

Have seen pics of the dual-graphics card set-ups on the new mobos that are comin out with PCI express an all that jazz. Looks very VERY sexy, i`ll be honest. I wish they`d made the new backwards compatible so we dont have to ditch our mobo, proc, graphics, memory and PCI cards. But... such is "evolution" and theres more £££/$$$ in it for the major companies that way. Ah well..

Ask a Question