Dual Monitors

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm considering getting a pair of TFTs in the next year, if the prices continue to tumble. I often have lots of windows open at once and do about several things at the same, so a dual setup seems ideal.

Is it really as good as it sounds, and can Dual Monitors be used in gaming?

Reaction score
The only game i know of at the moment that supports dual displays is FS2004 - which i guess is good as you have that...

You HAVE to have a VERY decent graphics card for the game to run over 2 screens, as it uses every last drop of power...9800pro? No chance.

Good for windows though only with some special software that extends the taskbar and handles the windows, i thought it was cool. Make sure the 2 TFT's are same brand and model if you can as you may see slight colour differences between 2 different ones, looks a bit naf too.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Matrox is a leader when it comes to dual or multiple displays. They make some fine cards which are geared for professionals.

Reaction score
My Parhelia worked in alot of games, it was a great card just most modern game makers don't support it so I had to ditch. Take a look at the parhelia website at www.matrox.com for a list of combatible multi-screen games.

Reaction score
had my dual monitors setup for ages, couldn't live without them. although i'm having to for the moment cos i'm having probs setting up a dual display in suse.

weekends were made to solve problems! (or to drink, i forget which one it is. ;))

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty convinced to go for a Dual Setup next time the chance comes around :)

Do normal cards can't do dual gaming, just the Matrix Parhelia?

Reaction score
No, any card will do it...

Just get a GOOD good card, either ATI or nVIDIA - i wouldn't reccomend Matrox...

You want a games one.

Reaction score
I am very happy with my duel monitors,i never really wanted a duel setup but when i first got my viewsonic i had to have another,pleased i did its mint having a duel setup i would not be without it now:)Get a video card that supports duel dvi also get duel dvi monitors it looks sweet.

Ask a Question