Dual Displays

E

Earl Watkins

I want to connect my Sharp Aquos flat screen TV to my computer, and see my desktop on both the TV and computer monitor.

Windows Vista Home Premium.
HP Pavilion a1610n computer.
Galaxy GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, outputs: 1-VGA, 1-DVI, and 1-SVGA. There is no HDMI port on the card.

I connected a VGA cable between the motherboard "on-board" VGA port and the TV, figuring that I could use that output to work with the TV. The computer monitor is plugged into the GeForce graphics card.

Tried the Desktop "Display Setting". It says, the number 2 monitor is "Not Activated". But when I activate it in the BIOS, computer monitor display goes blank, and the desktop appears on the TV screen.

Not sure what to do, short of upgrading to a more expensive graphics card, with maybe 2 VGA outputs on it?

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Adding WCF Service References
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...9-dfa51a9fab8e/adding-wcf-service-refere.aspx

T

Tom Lake

I want to connect my Sharp Aquos flat screen TV to my computer, and see my desktop on
both the TV and computer monitor.

Windows Vista Home Premium.
HP Pavilion a1610n computer.
Galaxy GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, outputs: 1-VGA, 1-DVI, and 1-SVGA. There is no
HDMI port on the card.

Get a DVI to HDMI converter cable and use it from the nVidia to your TV. They're readily
available
wherever fine cables are sold (sounds like an ad!)

Tom L

T

TheDuck

And when you get it hooked up you have to set the options on the video card
to either copy the monitor or be an extension of your desktop. You need to
first look at the options of your video card and verify it can drive two
monitors. You may have to upgrade your video card.

Ask a Question