Driver problems

Reaction score
For some reason when i go into the device manager a lot of the items listed have a yellow exclamation mark against them. The problem says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver maybe corrupted or missing (code 39)"

It has this for the following items:

Network adapter
Nvidia nForce audio
Microcode update device
Microsoft system management BIOS driver
Plug and play software device enumerator
Terminal server keyboard driver
Terminal server mouse driver
USB root hub (for 2 out of the 4)

No idea why this has happened,the first thing i noticed was the internet stop working, something wrong with the ethernet port on the pc. Also when i was loggingonto the pc into my account is said something about the windows enviornment being changed.

I have done several system restores without any luck.

If someone could help i would be very grateful as i can't see how i can fix this, surely i dont have to download new drivers for everything? What driver would you need for a usb root hub etc?

Thanks

Reaction score
Its impossible to install a driver for all those drives, its crazy, i have no idea whats happened and why, one minute fine then the next ha.

I may just reformat the drive, hopefully this will work, although will it sort out the drivers?

Thanks for the help feckit :)

Reaction score
Nope. The only solution i can think of is reformatting, but what things would i need drivers for?

Reaction score
If you format, it should fix the problems I say should? no guarantee.
On the other hand I do it every day to one or other PC.

Nvidia nForce audio Driver you need this.
USB driver This should be in XP

Reaction score
Cheers, gonna try the reformat now, once i have backed up my files.

Wish me luck, thanks to everyone for your help.

Reaction score
Mostly everything has gone back to normal as i downloaded the drivers for the graphics and sound, although i can't find the driver for the tv card. It still says:

Multimedia video controller
other pci bridge device
pci memory controller
sm bus controller

Those are the only things that have the exclamation marks for under other devices, what are these? Im guessing the tv card?

EDIT: I have installed the driver for the tv card, so the multimedia video controller has gone but now there is another 2 on that list called unknown, im guessing they are related to the tv card, but i couldn't see any other drivers i had to install for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All done, managed to find the motherboard driver and then finish installing the rest of the drivers for the tv card.

I can't tell you how happy i am now its done, thanks to everyone for your comments

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
All done, managed to find the motherboard driver and then finish installing the rest of the drivers for the tv card.

I can't tell you how happy i am now its done, thanks to everyone for your comments

Good:thumb:

Ask a Question