Dream come true!

Reaction score
pretty crazy stuff,was also looking at their most expensive amps video..$600,000 for a tube amp? for that kind of money the artist I'm listening to should jump out of the damn thing.I'll stick with my b&w speakers :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am somewhat sceptical of the prices charged for so-called 'top of the range' audio equipment.

Some of it is undoubtedly good but the truth is high end equipment can be home built for a helluva lot less. I mean, really, a lot less.

Admittedly a person does need a little knowledge of electronics and know one end of a soldering iron from another but looking at all that 'high end' equipment, makes my nose bleed, most of the marketing is in the appearance rather than the sound.

B & O and Bose are leading offenders here.

I've made my own tube amp and a switcher, relay controlled, they sound better than any commercial product I've ever owned.

And while I'm spouting forth, the sound of vinyl just cannot be beat. One word - presence.

What I do need, however, is a better pair of speakers, these cheapo Kef Codas don't really cut the mustard.

Currently looking at large cabinet designs that use one full range 4" or 6" full range driver.

Don't laugh, do some searching... ;)

Ask a Question