    use "ansy.sys" file from W98 OS in the 2K and XP PC's?
    Please help!

    Jacob

    Jacob, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Jacob

    philo Guest

    "Jacob" <> wrote in message
    news:0d5901c3daa7$2ada9eb0$...
    > HI fellows,
    > I am using on the Windows 2000 and XP dos application.
    > One of the requirements is a statement in the "config.sys"
    > "device=c:\windows\command\ansy.sys". File present in the
    > Windows 98 OS.
    > But, I can't find file in the 2K and XP OS. How I can
    > place a statement in the 2K and XP PC's? May I
    > use "ansy.sys" file from W98 OS in the 2K and XP PC's?
    > Please help!
    >
    > Jacob

    do you possibly mean ansi.sys ? it would be in windows\system32

    and yes, win2k and XP can process config.sys & autoexec.bat if present

    philo, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Jacob

    Eric McG Guest

    This may solve the problem for you:

    Command Interpreter Ansi Support
    http://is-it-true.org/nt/utips/utips181.shtml

    --
    Hope this helps..Reply in newsgroup only.
    Eric McGillicudy

    Eric McG, Jan 14, 2004