Doom 3 Revisited

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This 2004 game has just been reissued as the 'BFG' edition and has been re-rendered for better graphics and has a 3D facility as well, Apart from that it includes the expansion pack 'Resurrection Of Evil' and eight new levels which have been named 'The Lost Mission'.

And the cherry on the cake is the reissue includes original editions of Doom & Doom II that run in XP, Vista and Win 7.

Steam are selling this for £19.99. I've just come back from my local GAME high street store with a copy. It was marked up at £14.99 and offered a free copy of 'Rage' which I assumed would be a download.

When I went to the till however, not only did Doom 3 ring up as £11.99 but I was given a sealed hard copy of Rage which is the Anarchy edition with some extra goodies, for free.

So there's a little tip for you's all :) I played Doom 3 originally and it was very good, albeit a little samey but as fps's seem a little thin on the ground atm and it has the expansion pack and the original games I thought I'd have a rerun.

As I already have Rage I'll probably part-ex it at local CEX store or if anybody here wants it for a fiver including postage then PM me. EDIT: Sold to TriplexDread

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Doom 3 was mental when it 1st come out, ripped my Ati 9800pro apart! The graphics were some of the best around. It was so damn scary though, I was in cold sweats till the gigantic last boss. Doubt I could play through it again with the range of todays fps on offer. Havent got time for crysis 2, dishonored or borderlands 2 yet !

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I finished Crysis 2 some time ago, one of the best games ever in my opinion but quite hard at times I thought.

I've just ordered Dishonored from Amazon and will definitely at some stage get Borderlands 2, loved the first one, but will probably wait until it comes down in price.

I also played Doom 3 through back in the day, it was the re-rendering, extra content and the 2 original games being included that made me think it was worth another go.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Doom 3 is fab. I must get around to finishing it one day. I seem to remember that I am stuck going into a control center where I get attacked by two teleporting big bad monsters. :cry:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I gave in and got the Doom 3 BFG edition, my god its good. Its instant pick up and play. Havent played the Resurrection of evil pack either so its new to me :D. Glad I gave in and got it!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've only played Doom II so far up the 23rd level (of 32 levels I think) which is the furthest I've ever got with it :) Could be cos it has an 'Easy' setting ;) Still a great game.

I played Resurrection Of Evil back in the day but that was around six years ago so it should be fresh after all that time. Have yet to look at improved graphics, looking forward to it.

I see from those mini Steam popup windows that Triplexdread is playing RAGE :D Great game.

Reaction score
Hello all,
I played Rage quite a while back....a bit like borderlands. I was gonna get Doom 3 today but took halo 4 instead. I played doom 3 when it first came out. I remember it being scary and dark....so i'll put it on my next games list, along with the latest medal of honour and that new XCOM.
Now back to Halo 4. I only took a break to rest my eyes.lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have now tried a coupla hours Doom 3. Yep, graphics have improved and yep, gameplay hasn't. It's pretty much as I remember it imo - distinctly average. It's scary, yes, and the gameply is good, but it's so samey. Wander around in the dark looking for the way forward, find the way forward, get attacked by scary monsters, kill scary monsters, wander around in the dark looking for the way forward...

Have also just finished all levels of Doom and Doom II. Those games are still the bizness, 16 years after. Thoroughly enjoyed both of them, ramped up 26 hours of gameplay between them and some levels are fiendishly difficult.

Certainly got me 12 quid's worth and still main game and expansion pack to go. Yay :)

Ask a Question