Don’t make me laugh+DVLA

Reaction score
DVLA.

Don’t make me laugh.:mad:

As most of you know I changed my car in February 2009, I notified the DIC# HEADS at the DVLA I notified change of owner at the same time as taxing my exchange car and surrendering the old car tax 13/02/09, luckily for me I asked for a photo copy of all the relevant paper work, as on 08/05/09 I received a notification letter from the DVLA stating that I had not transferred the old car to the new owner [Garage] so being the good citizen I called at the DVLA and produced the photo copy previously obtained from them I then asked for a photo copy of all the relevant paper work again.

You think that’s it NOPE?:bow: Today I received a threat of court proceedings for failure to notify change of ownership so being the good citizen I am AGAIN :nod: I called the DVLA by phone aha! I get through to the manager and explained what I have just stated to you saying I have all the relevant proof? Now talking to the manager one would assume that being in a responsible position of employ that they would know what was what NOPE wrong [Thick as a brick].:wall:

Ok I said I would call to the DVLA office tomorrow with all the necessary paper work and to give you one last chance to sort things out IF NOT I WILL GLADLY GO TO COURT.
Update tomorrow.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice one ..at least its not far to walk too :) if its heard in Swansea court

Reaction score
Rush said:
Nice one ..at least its not far to walk too :) if its heard in Swansea court

I think they would look a right bunch of idiots well they are:lol: but! What a waste of taxpayer’s money that would be even to contemplate prosecution I would love to post the said photocopies on this thread but to many personal details are on them.

BBC Watch dog should see this thread…….????:nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but i left virgin media for broadband and phone a few months ago, yet i still recieve literacy and offers...even recieved their first members book..:) . These companies dont organise departments ...its like they are different entities...what a waste of money..so yours is a first class winner..with probs compensation in this day and age m8 :)

Reaction score
Rush said:
Slightly off topic but i left virgin media for broadband and phone a few months ago, yet i still recieve literacy and offers...even recieved their first members book..:) . These companies dont organise departments ...its like they are different entities...what a waste of money..so yours is a first class winner..with probs compensation in this day and age m8 :)

Not off topic matey it makes me mad to think people get payed for making cock-ups.
Look at the MPs need I say more>
Someone had blundered:Theirs not to make reply,Theirs not to reason why,Theirs but to do and make as much money before they die::bow:

Reaction score
When I changed my car for the current one,a few years ago, via a dealership, a few weeks later I got a notice from a neighbouring council for a parking offence relating to my previous car. The dealer hadn`t done the paper work. I had to sent details to the council of the sale of the old car and the purchase of the new one. Never heard anything more.

historian

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Good thing i live in the States, Surely we dont have those kinda problems.... right?

right??

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Back in 2003, my Honda was rear ended whilst parked and written off.

I asked the council to dispose of it and they did, it was taken away three days before the tax expired.

I still received a prosecution notice for keeping an unlicensed vehicle on a public road.

Several phone calls, two letters and three weeks later they finally agreed I had done nothing wrong.

Large companies, goverment departments, civil servants = impersonal and fully staffed by wage-slaves who really have no enthusiasm for their work.

I don't have an answer but I can still not feel good about it.

Perhaps we should take a nod to Japanese workforce practices....

Good luck itsme, yet another reminder to keep copies of everything where there might be a comeback.

Reaction score
I make sure they know where I stand always

1. You have a copy of the paper work in your office. The same paperwork I have photocopies of all dated by yourselves. Your staff's incompetence in the matter is not my concern.

2. I have telephone logs of all calls made to yourselves regarding the matter.

3. I have copies of all original mail sent by yourselves to me making threats for a problem I am not responsible for. A problem you have instigated.

The leave them too it to realise they are in the wrong and ignore them if they call.

I i recieve a letter from a solicitor I call them and explain and tell them I am calling out of courtesy to them as they do know know what has happened. However I will not call them again and spend money or my precious time explaining to them an issue that they shoudl be fully aware of in the first place. I say it politely and calmly then say goodbye

Reaction score
Update:

Update.

Been to see them gave them a piece of my mind with a letter to the chief? I were told don’t worry it is sorted now. HA HA.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't want to rub it in mate but I just got 2 refunds for me blown up Galaxys took about two weeks. Whent really smoothly.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Don't want to rub it in mate but I just got 2 refunds for me blown up Galaxys took about two weeks. Whent really smoothly.
nod.gif

Oh I had the refund no problem:nod: the problem was as is now, it makes you think what the left hand is doing! Ohhh I know> its looking for the right hand:lol:

Reaction score
All sorted.:bow:

Letter of apology today………:nod: right where`s that coffee:lol:

Ask a Question