**to All The Drivers Here**

Reaction score
Pug306.net said:
READ THIS...it takes less than 2 minutes to read and sign. Its not a load of crap, ITS IMPORTANT

It was stated on the news yesterday morning (27th November 2006) one of the reasons this proposal has been suggested was to raise money for possible road building and improvements to existing roads. It should be noted: all the money currently collected by the DVLA for road fund licences, only 23% - 24% is actually spent on road building and improvements!

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
Please sign this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
im not a driver, but what a load of shizer! (pardon my german:))

government good at hidding taxes and filling thier purses arent they?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Scary stuff. I signed.

I don't think they'll ever implement that though, it would be a surefire election loser.

A Goverment has three terms, they think they're Big Brother.

Time for a little revolution and anarchy methinks ;)

Reaction score
It is a load of rubbish.

There is no way i would be able to afford something like that.

My motoring bills currently average about £120 a month - thats WITH insurance WITH tax WITH petrol

How could i possibly afford to pay £200 for a box and then double my monthly payments... working part time at a supermarket and having to pay for my own food at uni etc.

Its insane.

I'm completely against the speed thing too - thats TOO big brother. Not that i speed, but i could see millions of people losing their licenses within the first few months of the scheme, and millions more not being able to afford to drive and people literally being stranded.

This is a poorly thought out scheme.

Reaction score
Remember you have to click the link in the confirmation email they send you for your vote to be valid guys :)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
This is a poorly thought out scheme.

yet another thing the government wants to slip in without anyone noticing..

i empathise with you chris... hope this doesnt scheme doesnt come to fruition, i seen how hard it can be to be in your kind of situation..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
signed...;) and emails sent to everyone I know asking to do the same...

Reaction score
Signed emails sent to everyone I know asking them to do likewise. [and they will or else]:D
Bloody labour/conservatives/liberal/the rest, they dont live in the real world, cuckoo land dreamers thats what they are.:rolleyes:
[Rant over]:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just a thought, don't all go wobbly on me......

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, on the news for instance.

There is just a chance the whole thing could be a scam :)

Open mind fellas ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Just a thought, don't all go wobbly on me......

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, on the news for instance.

There is just a chance the whole thing could be a scam :)

Open mind fellas ;)

No it is genuine:nod: I saw it over a 5 day period on the BBC news last week;)

Reaction score
Got my dad to sign it after ranting about money, absolute nonsense, unfairness etc... Guess it comes with old age ;)

Reaction score
Dont vote Labour

You forget one thing any Goverment deciding on doing this will realise it's political suicide to do so.
It's all talk and all that would happen is inflation would go up as would the cost of borrowing.

Drivers would then use small country lanes, accidents would in rural areas go up!
If you dont want this then vote for a different party at the next election, it's that simple!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They'd never get this through as it could cost people around £1000 extra per year, which people simply don't have. The economy would take a massive hit over something like this and they'd lose out in much more tax overall ;)

It's just an experiment that someone has done to see how it would work, and if they even thought about it in a few years this would kick off an even bigger fuss than ID cards etc... IMO.

Ask a Question