Domain Master Browser

rsullum

I need to set up the Domain master browser on a Windows
Server 2000 network. There are two server setup as PDC &
BDC. How is this done?

Robert L [MS-MVP]

this may help. quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to enable servers becoming browser servers

To encourage singlehomed computers to become the browser servers, open
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters\IsDomainMaster
and change the value of this key to yes, quit Registry Editor, and then
restart your computer. NOTE: The registry settings in this article do not
work on a Windows 2000 DC if it is the PDC emulator.

--
For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Sergio Moreno

The windows 2000 domain controller with the PDC role should win an election and become the Domain master browser.
Check the following kb for more information:

Common Questions About Browsing with Windows WGID:191
ID: 136712
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=136712

--------------------
From: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Sender: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Domain Master Browser
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:11:25 -0700

I need to set up the Domain master browser on a Windows
Server 2000 network. There are two server setup as PDC &
BDC. How is this done?

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.